FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/28/2014 10:16 PM  #1

Mustang Wagon

Did anyone see the Mustang Wagon on the news, what did you think? It's a Volvo Mustang on ebay. So far it's up to $35,000. I always wanted to see someone do a Falcon Wagon with a Mustang conversion. Item Id=141232808685

3/29/2014 9:12 AM  #2

Re: Mustang Wagon

I don't like Mustangs that have had non Mustang body parts added AND I don't like wagons, however I almost think I like that car.  That is probably the best Frankenstein Mustang I have ever seen.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

3/29/2014 9:24 AM  #3

Prime example of how to turn 120K into 35,000.   

We all know the common cars are a losing proposition though.   After all, its only money.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

3/29/2014 3:59 PM  #4

I looked closely at all the pictures of that car.  There is some really fine workmanship in that modification.  Making the fastback fold down seat blend into the cargo area was done to look like factory.  Many of the mods were shown close up and all were done to a very high level of competency.

My only real dislikes are the cheezy taillights and gas cap and the hood, but the rest of the car is a really nice piece of work, very tastefully done.  I am thinking the $35k bids are probably just his way of setting a starting point.

Sorry, Ramses, you no longer have the most expensive, heavily modified T code on the planet.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/29/2014 5:08 PM  #5

I like it and would drive it.. I bet you could fool many people into thinking it was a one off prototype!  I showed the picture to my wife....she did not like it!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

3/29/2014 6:11 PM  #6

I think over all I like it. But there are some things I'd do differently as would some of you guys probably would to. I don't care for the hood the mirrors I would personally do a regular grill and apron. Taillights stock same with gas cap. I'd also do a 66 mustang horse in it. I don't care for the trunk latches on it. I don't like the pillar at the end of the door and the inset on the panels atleast it looks like it has one. But over all concept is kinda cool. Some things I do like on it though like the fast back seat and the way it sets down the way it does.

3/29/2014 7:39 PM  #7

Not sure I like it.  Part of my problem is that the reason I like the older Mustangs is for their classic lines and this take some getting used to.  I do think the workmanship is very nice in places.  There are some things I really don't care for, like the digital gauges, steering wheel, billet aluminum everywhere, grill, and the sedan delivery block off looks too bulky and uneven.  Maybe I like the idea of grafting the 245 Volvo onto the Mustang body, but if I were to do it, I would try to make it look more like Ford would have done it in 1965.  I would like to know more about how the grafting was done - if the Volvo 245 section had to be narrowed or widened.

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

3/30/2014 7:38 AM  #8

I like it.
Would I change a few things? Sure. But we all do that to our Mustangs.
In my opinion the undercarriage looks like it had a HARD 200 miles on it. Scraped up exhaust headpipes, rusty rear springs, swaybar, and brake components....
The builder drew pretty heavily from the Mustangs Plus catalog, but overall. I like the concept and would love to own one built my way.
NOW, having said that, The MS designed pickup that was floating around a few years ago was cool too.

3/30/2014 9:07 AM  #9

That vehicle has been for sale in Mustang Times magazine forever. The original asking price was 100K.
Nice craftsmanship.   Looks like the rear tires are too close to the leaf springs, rub marks on the tires.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/30/2014 6:36 PM  #10

I would have to pass.  I like the classic look.  Mods for performance and safety are O.K.;but, not exterior body lines.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

3/30/2014 8:40 PM  #11

I got to see not that one butt one very much like it in Tampa last fall. Yup nice workmanship.
And I'd have one, just different enough. Might look better as a 67 Shelby wasgon or rather "Shooting Brake"

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.