FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2014 4:27 PM  #1

Issues with the real estate on the front of my 302 block

I have a AC compressor from my Vintage Air Gen IV system and my Power Steering Pump fighting for the same area on the fron of the engine. Am I seeing this wrong or is there an easy solution?
I will contact Vintage Air and see if they have a different bracket. I could notch the Power steering bracket and shift it forwards to align up with the othr pulleys.

4/14/2014 6:59 AM  #2

Re: Issues with the real estate on the front of my 302 block

I bet they do have other brackets...not cheap though. My system is from Old Air Products and they have brackets to roll the compressor for interference from lines hitting hood, but mine has a serpentine, not vbelt. I fabricated my own compressor brackets and hung it under the late model 3G alternator on pasenger side above frame rail. But never had a problem with realestate for power steering pump. used fox body serpentine brackets.

Stupid Hurts!...66 coupe, 302, 4 wheel disks...lots of Mods

4/14/2014 3:11 PM  #3

Why don't you hang the alternator and see what the total picture will be? Usually the air conditioner has its own belt by itself. With a power steering / air conditioner combo, that is usually a three belt system, requiring a three groove crank pully.

4/14/2014 3:53 PM  #4

I contact Vintage Air to see what they recommended. Mark wrote me back within a day and stated that they had a bracket available that works with the Borgeson (Saginaw) pump. I was looking to manufacture one myself, but the amount of time spent trying to "Make it Work", his $100 dollar bracket is money well spent. Will post pictures as I install it, in case anyone else is looking to do the same thing.

Now to start working on installing the rear Cobra Brake brackets I bought from Steve.

4/19/2014 10:33 PM  #5

I contacted Vintage Air and they had a bracket assembly for purchase that made everything fit and all the pulleys aligned up. Less than $100. Only thing I bought extra was two slightly longer bolts to make sure I had enough threads after going through the extra plate.
Powder coated and installed.

4/19/2014 10:37 PM  #6

View from the top.

4/20/2014 9:45 AM  #7

Looks good. Only thing I was warned about was not to use a flex fan with AC...would not pull enough air through the condensor to keep the presure down in the ac system, so I went with a dual electric set up.

4/20/2014 7:10 PM  #8

Good to know Maniac1. I went with a 4 row radiator so I may have issues on room towards the front and will need to put the electric fans in.

4/20/2014 7:55 PM  #9

I was gonna try to go with a mech/clutch fan, but not enough room so had to go elect fan set up.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.