FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2014 5:43 AM  #1

Finally got to take the mustang on a road trip...

Drove from Canton TX to Corsicana, up to Dallas to see GABA, then back home to Canton. Didn't win at the car show. Got to meet some cool people though.

Pros- got 18.5 mpg. Really lovin that T5 swap!
Cons- got to fix my gas gauge. It's a new tank with a new sender. It reads about 1/4 tank low.

All in all, great day for a ride!  Happy Easter y'all. Remember, He is risen and is alive.

1966 Mustang Fastback K-Code,289,T-5, 9-inch rear with 3.50 gears.

4/20/2014 7:18 AM  #2

Re: Finally got to take the mustang on a road trip...

Tmac wrote:

Drove from Canton TX to Corsicana, up to Dallas to see GABA, then back home to Canton. Didn't win at the car show. Got to meet some cool people though.

Pros- got 18.5 mpg. Really lovin that T5 swap!
Cons- got to fix my gas gauge. It's a new tank with a new sender. It reads about 1/4 tank low.

All in all, great day for a ride! Happy Easter y'all. Remember, He is risen and is alive.

If you send email I will send BB's Gas Gauge Gage.  This will walk you through setting up your sender/gauge on the bench so that it reads EMPTY when you get down to the reserve you choose (2-5 gals).  It will not make the gauge/sender liniar but it will tell you when you are near or at EMPTY.

I came up with this  to adjust ours and it seems to work.  My verbage may be a bit wordy (go figure) but I just got a note from DaveK  and he said it worked fine for him too.

It's a Word doc and you have to  make some cardboard templates.  You also have to pull the sender so you'll need an empty tank.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/20/2014 7:50 AM  #3

Thanks BB. My email is fmfd3649@yahoo.com.

1966 Mustang Fastback K-Code,289,T-5, 9-inch rear with 3.50 gears.

4/20/2014 5:15 PM  #4

Id be interested in that too BB!  sahalver@hotmail.com.   I bent my arm and got it pretty close.  But if there's easier way Id be interested in that too.   Thanks Steve69

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.