FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/27/2014 5:25 PM  #1

Where can I find this rubber insulation material

When I took off the window guide for the convertible top that guides the rear of the quarter window, there was a rubber sticky insulation that was sandwiched between the window guide and the metal part of the convertible top frame.   I can't seem to find it anywhere.   I thought i could finde it at a hardware store since its just like a rubber insulation but its a bit thick and wide for standard household rubber insulation.

I thought it was just some sort of closed cell tape.  But its rubbery, and had a peel and stick backing, and the bolts went right thru it. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

4/27/2014 5:37 PM  #2

Re: Where can I find this rubber insulation material

www.foxresto.com................12.95 a roll......

4/27/2014 6:28 PM  #3

josh-kebob wrote:

www.foxresto.com................12.95 a roll......

Josh, thats the seal that goes under the weatherstrip retainer.  What Im looking for is much wider and much thicker than that roll.  

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

4/28/2014 5:46 AM  #4

4/28/2014 7:13 AM  #5

You can probably find what you need or something you can use at www.Steelerubber.com     

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.