FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2014 8:55 PM  #1

Looking for Twist;lock oil cap, pcv/breather cap

Hey Guys/Gals, trying to find a twist lock cap like in the pic here, but one that actually fits and rotates to the fully locked position along with a pcv brather cap, twistlock also. Bought the one in the pic today from AutoZone thinking, one more part off the buy list, but turns out it doesn't fit the valve covers (also in the pic) I have.

Last edited by mainiac1 (4/28/2014 9:00 PM)

Stupid Hurts!...66 coupe, 302, 4 wheel disks...lots of Mods

4/29/2014 9:54 PM  #2

Re: Looking for Twist;lock oil cap, pcv/breather cap

Tried your Ford dealer?  I have a pair of those same valve covers but got lucky and it had the caps for both sides included.

Tried looking up stock one for 82 Mustang?, or 84 or whatever year the valve covers are?

Part number MCS 8071 at OReilly, $3.99 ea.  Has hole and grommet for PCV or the breather hose elbow.  I think they have the elbows in the HELP section.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/30/2014 4:07 AM  #3

I got the breather from CarQuest, and can probly get a cap on ebay, but will ck Oreillys too. Thanks. The valve covers look good, but accesories a little harder to track down if their not push-in style.

4/30/2014 8:45 AM  #4

The twist-in type works a whole lot better, though.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/30/2014 9:21 AM  #5

So your saying the search for these is gonna be worth it...

5/01/2014 4:03 PM  #6

Carquest was able to get me both and a 90' pcv.
Breather w hole in top for pcv pn: 36006
pcv 90' p/n: 76-2548
oil fil cap p/n: 36002 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.