FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2014 4:50 PM  #1

I may have found the color scheme for my 65 FB

I was perusing through StreetLegalTV's website and came across this Mustang:

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/event-coverage/it-began-with-a-new-camaro-then-passion-developed-into-racing-byrds/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=it-began-with-a-new-camaro-then-passion-developed-into-racing-byrds

I originally thought it was done in Arcadian Blue, but remembered the old Gulf paint scheme used in the GT40 Lemans cars:

http://maydaygarage.com/2011/08/03/nostalgic-wednesdays-blue-and-orange/

What do folks think?  If I were to do it, I think I'd use a single solid stripe in stead of the GT350 stripes in the car in the first link.  Not sure about the curved transition at the beginning of the car.  BTW, my son is rooting for Grabber Blue and my wife likes candy apple red.

BTW, does anyone know who own the car in the first link?

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

4/30/2014 5:07 PM  #2

Re: I may have found the color scheme for my 65 FB

Gulf Weyer paint scheme, Yeah single stripe.
Shame to dissappoint the wife, however Not Red always looks good.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

4/30/2014 5:33 PM  #3

That is different enough to be cool.  I like it.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/30/2014 5:45 PM  #4

I like it

It's hard to type "funny"

4/30/2014 7:50 PM  #5

two thumbs up on that paint scheme.......

5/01/2014 12:33 AM  #6

5/01/2014 5:31 AM  #7

Thanks - I like the color shecme, just don't know about adopting the whole thing, inlcuding transitioning the wide stripe across the whole front end.

5/01/2014 8:52 AM  #8

5/01/2014 9:14 AM  #9

I like it too!
Interesting how the Shelby apron on the Mustang has been sorta "filled-in" below the radiator! Maybe to help the aero?!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/01/2014 9:23 PM  #10

I can't follow that link, but here's a designer's analysis about why the color scheme (and the single stripe) works so well:

http://modular4kc.com/2011/04/22/design-friday-the-color-of-gulf-racing/

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.