FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2013 6:39 AM  #1

Pypes Exhaust

So I'm looking for a good exhaust system for my '66 w/C4 and long tube Hedman Hedders. I don't need mufflers but want an X or H pipe. The Summit Racing brand exhaust specifically for the '64 - '73 stangs seems good but there's no X pipe and I don't want to mix and match with other parts. I was thinking the Pypes system but the low price makes me a little apprehensive about the quality. Anyone have anything to say about the Pypes system or other affordable options? Thanks guys.

All throttle no bottle

4/25/2013 8:08 AM  #2

Re: Pypes Exhaust

dwalker2 wrote:

So I'm looking for a good exhaust system for my '66 w/C4 and long tube Hedman Hedders. I don't need mufflers but want an X or H pipe. The Summit Racing brand exhaust specifically for the '64 - '73 stangs seems good but there's no X pipe and I don't want to mix and match with other parts. I was thinking the Pypes system but the low price makes me a little apprehensive about the quality. Anyone have anything to say about the Pypes system or other affordable options? Thanks guys.

Pypes is JUNK! I had to scrap 90 percent of their system for my 05 . Nothing fit properly, suspension hit the axel and absolutely no customer support.
 I will post pictures later.

IMO STAY AWAY from them even though the price looks good.

Go with a big name like Magnaflo.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2013 3:17 PM  #3

Here are Pipes pics I promised. Their customer support says they have installed many of these kits and non have any issues, they are totally unreasonable and impossible to get any satisfaction from. They wanted me to drive the car to their facility (800 miles) to check out my complaint, I eventually scrapped their pipes and bought from Ford

Rear axel hits the pipe going over it.

The top pipe is Ford, bottom is Pypes, can you see the difference? Pypes tech department says thiers works - Bull s#!t

An other picture of the junk versus Ford

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/25/2013 3:23 PM  #4

Rudi wrote:

Here are Pipes pics I promised. Their customer support says they have installed many of these kits and non have any issues, they are totally unreasonable and impossible to get any satisfaction from. They wanted me to drive the car to their facility (800 miles) to check out my complaint, I eventually scrapped their pipes and bought from Ford

Thanks Rudi. Yeah think I'll go Flowmaster or Magnaflow. You made me a non-believer in Pypes.

All throttle no bottle

4/25/2013 6:13 PM  #5

I am using Pypes on my 68 with 428 and long tube headers. No fitment of quality issues. Also gives you a choice of a wide variety of mufflers. Why pay for Magnaflow or Flo-Master mufflers you dont want. I am using Dynomax mufflers.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.