FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2013 7:12 AM  #1

Every once-in-a-while things work out...

Put an ad in the local rag for my 97 F150 on Tuesday.  No calls on Tuesday butt (TS&T) yesterday morning a young man wanted to come and look at it.   He showed up with an older fellow, and gearhead,  whom I have known for years...seems they are brothers,  and nephews of another fellow I've known for even more years.

I guess the younger guy had been looking for a older F150 and was pretty dazzeled that mine wasn't beat soft like most of them.  The older brother had told him when they drove up and saw the truck, "Oh man, I know  this truck...we got nothing to worry about here."

After they drove it for a few minutes, the young guy said he'd take it and  we got to yapping and it seem that he also owns the red 65 HT that I've seen around town from time to time.  And the C4 gave up on him and he'd love to have the C4 I took out of White Car for a reasonable price.

I'm always nervous selling  anything to someone I know but I'm really glad to have my well-cared-for 97 go to someone that not only will appreciate it, but is also a Mustang brother. 

Now...if the Ford dealer can just figure out how to get my new F from Denver to here, all will right in my world.   Or at least "righter".

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2013 7:35 AM  #2

Re: Every once-in-a-while things work out...

BB u got mail

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

4/25/2013 8:01 AM  #3

I'd be happy to drive it over there for you from Denver but the getting back part might be difficult unless they have something they need over here!

4/25/2013 11:10 AM  #4

GPatrick wrote:

I'd be happy to drive it over there for you from Denver but the getting back part might be difficult unless they have something they need over here!

Gary;  Thanks for the offer but the problem, they keep telling me, is that the RR people won't take it off the rail car in crappy weather...some sort of safety issue.  Sounds like BS to me but maybe not.

Thanks,

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/25/2013 3:05 PM  #5

Hi BB,
Good to hear from you. Hope you like your new F-150, I can't believe mine is 3 years old already. A sale on the 97 truck and a possible garage point in one visit!

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

4/25/2013 8:29 PM  #6

hey BB what f150 did you get?  reg cab? super? crew?  I'm gonna buy a supercrew 4x4 soon.  I'm just waiting on Ford to make me an offer I can't refuse!  Like 0% financing

4/25/2013 9:23 PM  #7

Bob C and Terry too..good to hear from both  of  you.  Hey, that rhymes. 

Well T, I cherry picked what I wanted and ended up with a Lariat SC, 4x4, ecoboost, max tow pkg, good radio (at least Jean will be able to hear it), navi, bucket seats.  Blue  Jeans blue with black leather.  Didn't want no Moon roof, heck I'll be doing well to climb into the truck.  How  in the world would I be able to double over enough to use a "Moon" roof?  Also don't want no 20" wheels or Ford's chrome plated plastic hubcaps on aluminum wheels...WHAT??  HID headlights might  be okay but  not with a "package".  Had to take the little sissy  5.5' bed due to garage constraints butt (TS&T) Jean keeps telling me I don't need to be hauling that much crap anyhow.

May just have to bring it to Nash town if we can't find a Mustang to rent. 

I'm fairly  certain that the 66 won't be ready...could  happen but I sure  wouldn't  hold my breath.  Painter/metalman called yesterday to see if I was still planning to have the car to him the first week of May...Yup, May 6.  He's gonna  bring his  trailer and pick it up...how that for service?   I've been watching him do a 69 Camaro for a friend of mine and I'm pretty impressed with  his atention to detail and overall quality of work.  He don't  give it  away  but he's way cheaper than most.  He's a one-man shop with only  one or maybe two cars in there at a time.  I hate the thought of having someone else paint a car for me but I guess it's time.  And, I'm sure the neighbors will appreciate it.

See ya soonly and can't wait.  Josh and I are gonna have the Great Texas Parts Swap on May  11...maybe a big ol' Tehas steak too.

BB

4/26/2013 8:22 PM  #8

BB,
check your email........one's coming your way

jkb

4/26/2013 8:27 PM  #9

josh-kebob wrote:

BB,
check your email........one's coming your way

jkb

I'm lookin' but I ain't seein'

Oh...this thing is showing Texas time.  You Prolly ain't hit the send button yet.

No...I guess it's SoCal time

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/26/2013 8:29 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.