FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2014 4:42 PM  #1

Wind shield trim screw location

When I replaced my cowl panel on my 66 coupe, The welded windshield trim screw studs were removed.  I purchased screws to replace the studs but I need to know what the location for them is, can anyone help?

Thanks

Kristang

5/08/2014 6:35 PM  #2

Re: Wind shield trim screw location

Kristang
This is referenced in the assembly manual, the body one I believe. Be sure to send photo updates, please!

5/08/2014 8:24 PM  #3

It is referenced but states it is in the welding book which I do not have

5/08/2014 8:26 PM  #4

Kristang wrote:

When I replaced my cowl panel on my 66 coupe, The welded windshield trim screw studs were removed. I purchased screws to replace the studs but I need to know what the location for them is, can anyone help?

Thanks

Kristang

I am in the process of doing the same thing, except when the quarter panel on my '65 fastback was replaced the body man didn't drill tne holes for the screw in clips for the rear glass.  I will send some pictures tomorrow of my front glass.  I think the clips on the bottom are directly across from the upper ones.  I don't think the exact location is real critical, just evenly spaced to hold the moulding.  Thats what I am doing on the rear glass:Measuring one side holes and putting the missing holes in on opposite side.  Jerry

"when I drop something, it always goes to center of the car"

5/08/2014 9:51 PM  #5

I still have the original cowl top on my 66 coupe, and my windshield is out.  I will get some pics and measurements tomorrow when the light is better.

5/09/2014 5:37 AM  #6

Thanks Tim!

5/09/2014 9:39 AM  #7

Kristang wrote:

When I replaced my cowl panel on my 66 coupe, The welded windshield trim screw studs were removed. I purchased screws to replace the studs but I need to know what the location for them is, can anyone help?

Thanks

Kristang

I am attaching some pictures of the clips on my '65 in the windshield area.  I took some measurements of the clips at the cowl area, so I hope they help.  It may be hard to explain, but here goes.  I took the pictures from the drivers side looking at the bottom left hand corner of the windshield area.  I started with measuremennt from the point of the left front fender to the first clip.  The point of the fender is where it meets the corner of the left door.  That measurement is 4 inch.  From the 1 st screw to the 2nd one is 7 1/4 inch, to 3rd one from 2nd is 7 1/2 inch, to 4th is 7 1/2, to 5th is 7 1/2, to 6th is 7 1/2, to 7th is 7 1/2, and to 8th is 7 1/4 inch.  I hope this is clear enough to work for you.  The holes for the screws are 1/8 inch. Good luck.  Be sure and put RTV sealer between the clips and the body when you install them  Jerry

"when I drop something, it always goes to center of the car"

5/09/2014 10:51 AM  #8

Thank you for the info!  VERY helpful!!!

5/09/2014 5:47 PM  #9

The black lines on the tape are there to show me where the clips are after I bury them with sealant, and during the trim installation when they are covered up by the trim.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.