FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2014 3:32 PM  #1

My New TCP Front suspension...

Rides much smoother now and still sits at the same 12" ride height...

Had to modify my braces...

Engine Compartment Now...

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

5/19/2014 4:32 PM  #2

Re: My New TCP Front suspension...

Very nice, I need to get busy with mine lol.

5/19/2014 4:41 PM  #3

Ron...just how adjustable are those thangs?! Can you make it ride soft...stiff....lowered...raised?!
When you decide to change the suspension height OR ride does it screw the alignment up and need to be re-set?
How pricey and does it REALLY make that big of diff or is it just another "bling-thing?!"
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/19/2014 5:06 PM  #4

they have 16 adjustments and they do seem to make a difference, I'll know more after we go to the track the 1st time. Height adjustment can only be about 1.5 inches, I think. I used the largest drop they had for the mount the shocks connects to at the top to begin with. So you could have both of those and have like 3 inches of height adjustment if you wanted. I wen from 750 lbs coil spring with 1 1/2 coils cut off...so somewhere in the 1000 lbs range, to 500 lbs coilovers, it feels so much better when you hit a pothole, that is until the rear hits.. But I'm workin on saving my pennies to get the coilovers in the rear also. I am VERY Happy with it and this setup is under $1000.00
I can buy different springs if I wanna really getter adjusted for AutoCrossing or something, but for now I'm happy with the ride and the adjustability.

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.