FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2014 9:36 PM  #1

Hey BulletBob..how's the machining coming..............

on those custom pushrods?!
Tell us about the cam again. What is the duration @050...the lift and the LSA...what will the ICL be?
I know it can't be too "rad"(SoCal talk don't-you-know!) cause its FI and not the old "controlled leak" method of induction.
Just so it has a little bit of a "lick" at idle so folks won't think its totally stock.
Fill us in on the details cause I've read about disc brakes and tires til I'm about sick!! Gimme some real "MOTOR" stuff(thanx Corky!)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/15/2014 9:40 PM  #2

Re: Hey BulletBob..how's the machining coming..............

WOW!!! 2nd page in as many daze!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/16/2014 6:13 AM  #3

266/274 I/E duration advertised, 216/224 @.050, 112LSA.  Pretty much a low grunt cam.  Has .544/.556 I/E lift.  After riding in Terry's 65 with AOD and 2500 stall converter, I am also going to a similar converter.  With the new 165 AFRs it ought to run okay.  Probably not good enough to get it upsidedown in a ditch, butt (TS&T), okay.

Push rods are done, ended up buying ready-mades...long story, I'll save it for the Bash.  Just have to spend about an hour intalling them and adj. the valves, and installing the manifold.    Been workng on lots of other stuff.

Found a set of 17" Cragars (Jean has to have her chrome Cragars) that clear the 05 GT brakes.  Will be testing them for fender clearance today and getting some tars ordered.

New AC system fits like it was made for the car...Oh yeah, it was.  Doesn't seem to be any end to the custom stuff that needs to be created to put this thing back together.

It might be at the bash but we will fer shur.

See ya soon Mike,

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/16/2014 7:16 AM  #4

BB, I like your choices in parts,good street cam, good vacuum, gunna sound nice,could top 6,000 with a 750 , good stall speed converter will really partner up with the 112 LSA off the line.  No over kill any where ....jj

"Never put a question mark where God put a period "  Richard Petty

7/16/2014 8:03 AM  #5

jerseyjoe wrote:

BB, I like your choices in parts,good street cam, good vacuum, gunna sound nice,could top 6,000 with a 750 , good stall speed converter will really partner up with the 112 LSA off the line.  No over kill any where ....jj

Thanks for the encouragement, Joe.  I've  always leaned toward lowend performance as that's where you use it most and also that's what makes the best economy.  Also, I've never really warmed up a V8...always messed with lesser machines...B block Fords, VWs, that sort of thing. 

Learned a long time ago that short timing and high lift, along with smaller than max valves/ports and good compression makes  for a  good street engine.  Been following the diss-cussin' re:  Cleaveland vs Windsor 351.  Some guys think that if they wish it hard enough, they can change physics...ain't happening.  I had the good fortune years ago to spend a little time talking to a guy named Ed Winfield (every Indy winnner from 1926 to 1947 had Ed's carburetors) and he explained a lot about port flow and fuel separation and the plain old inertia of the fuel/air mixture.  Drive-through ports (as they relate to displacement) don't get it for lowend performance and no amount of wishing ain't gonna  make it so. 

Thanks again,

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (7/16/2014 8:13 AM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/16/2014 10:36 PM  #6

So my suggestion of a tunnel ram intake with twin 660 Holleys would NOT fit into your plan,I take it?!!
6sal6

Last edited by 6sally6 (7/16/2014 10:38 PM)

7/17/2014 7:00 AM  #7

6sally6 wrote:

So my suggestion of a tunnel ram intake with twin 660 Holleys would NOT fit into your plan,I take it?!!
6sal6

Nope...but I may go to a bigger MAF and TB eventually.

BB

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.