FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2014 1:41 PM  #1

BB, Found fuel sock.

After we drained the gas tank we blew compressed air into the fuel pick up outlet, which probably blew off the fuel sock. If it was still attached to the pick up. anywho the sock did not come out with thepick up/ tank level sensor. Afet pulling the tank yesterday I found the errant sock today.

BB it obviously aint pristene, butt is it soooo nasty it would prevent any flow??
What is the pn. fer that fancy sock your using??

Tubo
Continued Thanks to Terry, Roger, Josh Barry & B. Bob for every thing done that evening.

Last edited by Tubo (10/05/2014 5:23 PM)

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/05/2014 3:13 PM  #2

Re: BB, Found fuel sock.

so.....your fuel system blew your socks off.........

seriously corky, glad you found it and are about to "refresh" the system........glad I was able to help you out along with the other's........

10/05/2014 5:23 PM  #3

Yeah Josh our Midnight Up on the Rack Gang.
Of Who I fergot to mention Barry!!. Just what we Love about a Bash....Up on the Rack, Bonding With Our Mustang Buddies.

Tubo

10/05/2014 6:07 PM  #4

Corky, since you have that tank off do yourself a favor and get rid of that rusty thing

Last edited by terry (10/05/2014 6:08 PM)

10/05/2014 6:46 PM  #5

All the trouble I've gone to, getting a good etch on the inside of that tank. And you & BB want me to just casually toss it away.
Not untill throughly inspecting it, after treatment. Could well be it's a tosser.

Tubo

10/05/2014 7:50 PM  #6

corky, don't casually toss it away.......put your back in it and toss it over the neighbors fence.....you'll be glad you did and Karol will be ecstatic.........

10/05/2014 9:04 PM  #7

Now that you have etched off all the galvanizing, rest assured it will NEVER rust again!!!  Until you are at least 200 miles from home, or at least as far away as the cost of the tow job equals what you saved by not buying a new tank!!!

Money you enjoy saving is not necessarily saved money.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/06/2014 6:52 AM  #8

First, I think Doyle was there too for the Midnight get-together.

The sock I used is for some sort of Nissan, I think.  Car Quest numbe is FS130.  I attached it to the pick-up via a short piece of green stripe hose (Not made any longer) but had to make a little aluminum adaptor to connected it to the hose and it lays flat in the depression at the bottom of the tank. 

If you aren't in a big rush I'll make one of those adaptors for you but it ain't happning this week.  Got company coming this afternoon for the week and daughter and grandkids coming next week.

I gotta wait to fire up the Mustang so you gotta wait for me to make any parts for you....LOL.

BB

PS:  Engine is in and mostly wired and plumbed.  Front dress is mostly on.  Radiator is in and full of coolant.  So far none has hit the floor.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/06/2014 12:18 PM  #9

Tubo wrote:

Yeah Josh our Midnight Up on the Rack Gang.
Of Who I fergot to mention Barry!!. Just what we Love about a Bash....Up on the Rack, Bonding With Our Mustang Buddies.

Tubo

You only forgot cos I wasn't there. But I'm pretty sure my verdict would be the same as everyones.
Bury it and let it rust in peace.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.