FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2014 9:28 AM  #26

Re: RIP Windsor The Wonder Dog

Marsha and I are sadden to hear of your loss. Having lost several furry friends over the years my best advice would be to adopt another as soon as you can. Windsor would approve.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

10/29/2014 3:17 PM  #27

MustangSteve wrote:

WIndsor was with me for 15-1/2 years and old age finally got the best of him.  RIP 

I'll miss him.

I had one just like him (Angus), who is now resting peacefully under the shade of a cypress tree in my back yard.

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

10/29/2014 4:22 PM  #28

We still have Shelby, the 11 year old dachshund.  Not that I want anything to happen to her, but when she is gone, we will have no more dogs for a while so we can do some traveling without having to worry about pets.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

10/30/2014 6:59 AM  #29

What is it with everyones dog dying this week?  I am not making light of this, I feel your pain and sorrow.  Its just that you are the third person this week I know who has lost their dog.  It is a strange coincidence.  You have our sympathies.

10/30/2014 7:01 AM  #30

We're verry saddened for your loss. Our pets are akin to another 'child', one that never grows up and leaves us, as children are supposed to do. I haven't seen anything about a cat. Our 'Callie' jumped into the back seat of my '68 Mustang in Osceola, Iowa while I was building a house back in ca. 1978. I figured she'd jump out when we started home, pulling an old Ford pickup box trailer. To my and my buddy's surprise, she stayed right there on the seat and rode the 60 miles to home. My wife and I adopted her (do you really adopt a cat?) and she was with us for 16 years. It ruined me for cat attitude, as she would come when you called her name and went with us on several vacation trips, even allowing herself to be on a leash with no fighting. Riding on the dashboard watching the scenery spoiled me as to what most people considered a cat to be. She was very low maintenance, but when she began to have kidney problems, the Vet told us the 'end was near'. She's been gone about 15 years now and I still tear up at her memory. Both my daughters remember her fondly, as do we. Windsor was your pal as Calllie was mine. The sorrow will pass but the memory will always remain.

10/30/2014 4:54 PM  #31

My thoughts are with you.

10/30/2014 5:42 PM  #32

Here is one I have of Windsor and Shelby.   

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/01/2014 1:28 PM  #33

Sorry about your friend Steve (dogs are friends, not pets).  And Tubo, condolences in advance.  I know how hard it is to make that decision.

John

11/03/2014 7:14 PM  #34

It was days.

C

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

11/04/2014 2:09 PM  #35

Glad I had a chance to meet Windsor before he died.  I have a female named Heidi.  She is 13 years old and so far, doing great!  Still chases the ball and brings it back several times a day.  She would rather chase the ball than eat.  Condolences to Steve.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

11/04/2014 2:53 PM  #36

Tubo wrote:

It was days.

C

Corky, I am sorry about your Harley.  I feel your pain...

11/04/2014 3:26 PM  #37

Sorry, Tubo for yor loss.  Remember the fun and all the Dachshund antics.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/04/2014 3:47 PM  #38

Tubo wrote:

It was days.

C

Sorry to hear that Tubo.  I know it's tough.

11/04/2014 5:06 PM  #39

Celebrate Windsor, Harley and all, while they are with us.
Cos they leave a huge hole in our lives when thay go.
Thanks for letting me share too Steve.

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.