FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2015 7:59 AM  #1

What happened to

I've not heard or seen posts from Al Newman for quite a while.  Just wondering if everything is OK ...  I really miss the polite, always-helpful responses he provided.

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/03/2015 9:23 AM  #2

Re: What happened to

Al had a computer problem that kept him from posting for a while.  Once he got it fixed, he has been doing alot of Mustang work for "customers".  He is still around and doing fine.  We go eat lunch together every now and then.

He is a great guy with more knowledge that just about anybody when it comes to Mustangs.  He ran a Mustang shop for many years.  I also wish he would post once in a while, at least.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/03/2015 10:52 AM  #3

He also can cook a "killer" burger too! I'd love to hear more from him too!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/03/2015 12:12 PM  #4

I'm glad Al's doing well. Some others I haven't seen here for awhile are Mustsed (in Turkey), Loosenut, and BILLY WALTON.

4/03/2015 1:57 PM  #5

BILLY discovered Facebook and Pretty Women (one in particular) and that was the last we saw of him.  Kind of sad because it was right after we rescued his car for him.

4/03/2015 3:15 PM  #6

MustangSteve wrote:

Al had a computer problem that kept him from posting for a while.  Once he got it fixed, he has been doing alot of Mustang work for "customers".  He is still around and doing fine.  We go eat lunch together every now and then.

He is a great guy with more knowledge that just about anybody when it comes to Mustangs.  He ran a Mustang shop for many years.  I also wish he would post once in a while, at least.

Good to hear - thank you for the status.  If you have the opportunity (and desire) to pass along my regards I'd really appreciate it. 

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/03/2015 4:11 PM  #7

Mustsed is still going strong in Turkey.  I got a couple of emails from him a couple of months ago...he was trying to get ahold of AT to talk chef's hatless EEC-IV injection.  I got him an email addy and I think they got together.

Sedat is still building and fixing Mustangs for customers/buddies and doing fine as far as I know...just busy.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/03/2015 4:56 PM  #8

MustangSteve wrote:

Kind of sad because it was right after we rescued his car for him.

I've thought the same thing,MS.

4/03/2015 5:01 PM  #9

I wondered about several myself.  loosenut disappeared right after I bought some sequential tail lights from him!
I really wonder about Ted from Canada!!!

4/03/2015 5:20 PM  #10

Bullet Bob wrote:

Mustsed is still going strong in Turkey.  I got a couple of emails from him a couple of months ago...he was trying to get ahold of AT to talk chef's hatless EEC-IV injection.  I got him an email addy and I think they got together.

Sedat is still building and fixing Mustangs for customers/buddies and doing fine as far as I know...just busy.

BB

We exchanged a number of emails. He's going with a custom 4bbl. intake with injectors fitted. Hoping to hear from him on what progress he's made.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

4/04/2015 8:23 AM  #11

terry wrote:

I wondered about several myself.  loosenut disappeared right after I bought some sequential tail lights from him!
I really wonder about Ted from Canada!!!

Ted and I emailed for a while but I haven't heard from him in a long time.  Tell ya what, Terry, I'll shoot him an email and maybe we'll know. 

I thought I saw a post by Loosenut just a few days ago.  Am I dreaming?

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/04/2015 10:48 AM  #12

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB

Yep, you must have been dreaming. There's no one registered with that user name on the new forum.

4/04/2015 2:23 PM  #13

Hakan wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB

Yep, you must have been dreaming. There's no one registered with that user name on the new forum.

Probably from snorting all that insulation smoke from testing my new wiring harness.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (4/04/2015 4:45 PM)

12/01/2016 10:44 PM  #14

IM BACK....GOT CUSTODY OF 2 OF MY GRAND KIDS SEMI-RETIRED FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT AND AINT HAT THE MONEY TO WORK ON CAR.....TRYING TO GET A 71 FORD TRUCK GOING AS MY DAILY ....I BEEN DRIVING THE 66 MUSTANG "POR-15" ASA DAILY FOR YEARS CAR HAS 145,000 MILES ON IT NOW HAD 104,416 WHEN I FIRST GOT ON FORUM....STILL RUNNING THE SAME RED TOP OPTIMA BATTERY I PUT ON IT IN 2005 I THINK.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

12/02/2016 4:41 AM  #15

John Ha wrote:

I've not heard or seen posts from Al Newman for quite a while.  Just wondering if everything is OK ...  I really miss the polite, always-helpful responses he provided.

Thanks for the inquiry, John.  I still browse the sight almost daily.  Most questions these days are about things I have no knowledge of or no interest in.  Questions on tire and rim sizes, suspension and steering mods, fuel injection, building 400+ horsepower in a SB, etc. are not in my background.  The forum has several seemingly knowledgeable contributors, so I mainly observe these days.  My old school experience goes back to the days when these fine cars were driven daily.  Now I doubt that the vast majority of the cars being discussed in the forum will see 3,000 miles a year.  Curious to me that folks spend insane amounts of time and money on cars they seldom use.  That is just where the hobby is today.  Better for me to observe, chuckle, and shake my head than to windjam.
Happy Holidays,
Al Newman
Mrmust@att.net

Classic cars are full of surprises and almost none of them are good ones!

12/02/2016 4:53 AM  #16

6sally6 wrote:

6sal6

Sal,
     That simply ain't true about the burgers.  To my knowledge, severe indigestion aside, I have never "killed" anyone with my burgers, although a neighbor did complain about the effusive smoke from my grille once.  I believe he said, "We are ¥<\&£ ing dying from all that smoke over here."  I know he was exaggerating, though.  A few days later he borrowed my mower.  That was rwo years ago.  I still do not have that mower back.  Now he complains that I do not keep my yard mowed.  Think I'll take him a burger.
See ya,
Al

12/02/2016 2:17 PM  #17

Al Newman wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sal6

although a neighbor did complain about the effusive smoke from my grille once.  I believe he said, "We are ¥<\&£ ing dying from all that smoke over here."   
See ya,
Al

What kind of person complains about the lovely aroma from a grill? Nothing like stepping outside and smelling a neighbor's cook out.

Last edited by rpm (12/02/2016 2:18 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

12/03/2016 1:04 AM  #18

rpm wrote:

[What kind of person complains about the lovely aroma from a grill?

The same kind of person that didn't get invited to partake in the eating of the things being grilled!

Last edited by Technomancer (12/03/2016 1:04 AM)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

12/06/2016 11:09 AM  #19

Al, at least you are timely. John's post asking about you was in early 2015!!!

12/06/2016 12:27 PM  #20

Yeah, his grill smoke is best there is.

I dropped by one day to pick up some Mustang stuff and the grill was going and I was offered a bratwurst.  Best I've ever eaten! (And I lived in Wisconsin as a kid). So the lesson: always visit around lunch time.
Paul

12/06/2016 8:04 PM  #21

Yep, Al is pretty good with his "Tool Box" grille.  Every time I see him and Debra at a swap meet, he always offers a burger or brat.  Folks like that are just few and far between !

12/07/2016 6:09 AM  #22

FYI
   The menu for next October's swap meet in Grand Prairie will be liver and onions.  Y'all come.
Best,
Al

12/08/2016 1:17 PM  #23

Wrapped in bacon?  Covered in schiracha sauce? Paired with a nice Merlot?  I' m in!!!
Paul

12/08/2016 10:08 PM  #24

Al Newman wrote:

FYI
The menu for next October's swap meet in Grand Prairie will be liver and onions. Y'all come.
Best,
Al

My FAVORITE mean!! My Mother usta make it for me on my birthday!! No joke.
You GO big Al!!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.