FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2013 9:49 AM  #1

Well what do you guys think of the new forum???

I think you will find it easier to follow and it has a lot more features than then the old one did.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

3/31/2013 11:21 PM  #2

Re: Well what do you guys think of the new forum???

The old forum was kind of unique in that it was different from just about all others out there. This will be nice. Thanks for the time and effort. 

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

4/01/2013 12:16 AM  #3

Hmm...

New...Blue...Light...

I like it!

Any chance of Tapatalk integration?

1965 Convertible - 5.0 EFI (TFS TW, GT40, Tri-Y, C4 auto)

4/01/2013 12:20 AM  #4

Don't like it. Too busy. Why did we change? Remember MS's adage - ABDFI? Now we look just like all the others. I hope this is just an April Fools Joke. The all blue format was easier on the eyes - too much contrast with the white on blue. With the much bigger format, you really have to scroll a lot to read all the posts. Nope - REALLY don't like it.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/01/2013 2:23 AM  #5

Other than that I think we need a better interface color combination I can live with this.

4/01/2013 5:51 AM  #6

Hakan wrote:

Other than that I think we need a better interface color combination I can live with this.

I don't care for the light blue, but the old forum was the same.    So.....

John

4/01/2013 6:16 AM  #7

All the brightness is burning my retinas this early in the morning.    Change, everything changes, everything moves forward.   Onward, upward, keep trying to live the dream.    

Im sure it will be fine.  

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

4/01/2013 6:19 AM  #8

I am still trying to dial in the colors.  My choice is ALL BLUE just like the last one but, if I do that, it makes some things not appear as they should.  Expect to see some tweaking for a while until I get the new forum dialed in.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/01/2013 6:37 AM  #9

It will take some getting use to. Heck, I'm a firefighter and we absolutely hate change!!!! But it's cool. 

1966 Mustang Fastback K-Code,289,T-5, 9-inch rear with 3.50 gears.

4/01/2013 6:38 AM  #10

Change frightens me but by the same token, fright changes me. I will adjust!

Last edited by Smitten (4/01/2013 7:00 AM)

4/01/2013 7:20 AM  #11

If it ain't broke why fix it? Change for the sake of change? Oh wait, I do that with my car all the time!
 We will be assimilated! ;)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/01/2013 7:36 AM  #12

I liked the Old format better,one of the reasons I don't visit the mustang vintage forum is its too busy and confusing, if I had a vote I'd vote to keep the old Ms page ,guess ill learn to live with it as its the best forum out there by far

Jimmy O

4/01/2013 7:45 AM  #13

My initial thought was that this is an elaborate April Fools joke. But there seems to be too much work put into it for that.

First reaction is I like the old format better, but as I learn to navigate the site we shall see.

4/01/2013 7:54 AM  #14

I like it.  That being said, I hope you don't have to start running advertisements and pop ups to support it. 

4/01/2013 8:23 AM  #15

OK what's the schtick?  It's April 1.  April Fool's Day, and no previous notice that things were to change..  When will my screen blow up?

You've take the best designed web site out there and made it look like all the rest of the forums.

Ugh!

Last edited by lowercasesteve (4/01/2013 8:35 AM)

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

4/01/2013 8:28 AM  #16

Well if this isn't an April Fool's joke I have mixed feelings I have to admit when I first joined the old forum felt very outdated vs. all the other forums. But after a while it was more like an old garage that a bunch of buddies gathered in to benchrace and talk about cars. I hope some of the less tech savy folks can adjust.

The only thing I would ask for at the moment is the ability to change the theme on a per user basis, although I don't know if this implementation will let us.

Last edited by Raymond_B (4/01/2013 8:28 AM)

4/01/2013 8:31 AM  #17

Been a lot of push for some time to make a change so I guess it had to happen sooner or later.  I like the old format butteye (Thanks Sal) guess I'll learn to live with this.  It certainly won't keep me from participating.  I'll have to mess with it for a  while before I know if I like it or not.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/01/2013 8:37 AM  #18

I was sure that it was a giant April Fools joke, but then MS did alude, in an earlier post, that more changes were coming.  I'm sure this will be the better deal once gotten used to.  It is more conventional but as someone else said, the old forum had a real garage gathering kind of feel.

4/01/2013 9:12 AM  #19

I am not used to it yet, either...  There will NEVER be popup ads here. Those of you who participate in the forum control that.  This forum was created in the first place to provide help, but then became more than that, with many friendships started along with the helping out.  I think the new format will help us go even farther.  We just have to figure out how to make it as "cozy" as the last one.  That might take a little time, but we'll get there.

As more posts are entered (you guys can HELP with that) the forum will take on a look that is more similar to the old one.  And you can set your shortcut to the forum to start with any of the pages you like.

You can change the things you see on the forum, at least alot of them.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/01/2013 9:14 AM  #20

Hakan wrote:

John wrote:

I don't care for the light blue, but the old forum was the same.    So.....

John

I never liked the blue either.  For the record, even though I helped MS set up this forum I had nothing to do with the color choices.      

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/01/2013 9:19 AM  #21

MustangSteve wrote:

I am not used to it yet, either...  This forum was created in the first place to provide help, but then became more than that, with many friendships started along with the helping out.  I think the new format will help us go even farther. 

"A house does not make a home.  It is the people that live there that truly make it what it is"

Same is true of the forum.

4/01/2013 9:23 AM  #22

I can adapt to the new format and style. Sometimes change can be good.

Will this new format make my dumb questions appear smarter?  (apparently not!)

4/01/2013 9:26 AM  #23

Hmm... The funniest April Fools Joke that wasn't (?). I liked the old forum, different and simple, but I expect that things like searching, etc. will be better. Take some getting used to I suppose. One thing I don't see here, that I liked about the old forum, was the ability to expand the posting window by dragging the lower corner but I suppose the full screen feature works alright in that regard.

Old dogs...

4/01/2013 9:26 AM  #24

Eeeeehhh I liked the simplicity of the other one..

have to agree with others that it was great to go to a forum that didnt look like all the other forums..But heck, I guess we just have to get broken into this new format.

4/01/2013 9:32 AM  #25

For those of you concerned about all the changes, I have gone through this transition form a message board to a thread forum on both my IRS forum and my Galaxie forum, and in both cases some of the members were originally not happy about all the changes.  It didn't take them long to realize after they figured out  some of the fantastic new features, that this set up is much easier to use and follow.

heres an example:

The thread "New photo loader... No need to have a pic hosted elsewhere" on the old forum became quite long, and if someone replied to a post in that thread not made by you, you had no way of knowing unless you went and found that thread and looked for new posts.  With the new setup you can subscribe to any thread even if you have not posted on it.  This will make it easier to find threads you are following and you will get email notification if someone responds to that thread.  This IMHO is the single biggest advantage to the new forum. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.