FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2013 9:49 AM  #26

Re: Well what do you guys think of the new forum???

I want the old one back!!, It was easy to use and different from all the teen I pod used set.

4/01/2013 10:24 AM  #27

I like the fact that you don't have to click on each post to read it, they all cascade down, easier IMO.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/01/2013 10:34 AM  #28

Just registered in case it wasn't an April Fools joke.  Dell sold me a lap top that isn't a touch screen with Windows8 on it so I am fighting that situation with what ever it looks like. Any possibility of short cut keys to go back to main forum?  My email has "u" to go back to inbox.

Volvo!

4/01/2013 11:04 AM  #29

Rudi wrote:

I like the fact that you don't have to click on each post to read it, they all cascade down, easier IMO.

Yep! Even though it takes up a little more real estate on the screen, it is easier to view threads and then return to look at a different one. See? I'm already adjusting!

4/01/2013 11:50 AM  #30

OK, everyone put in their suggestions for colors.  I remember a few years ago I tried to take off the light blue and everyone thought the world was ending.  Any change is difficult.  Tell me what colors you would suggest... EVERYONE

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/01/2013 12:35 PM  #31

Since this is beginning to look like a real thing - of course the day is not over yet - All the different color locations makes the screen too busy for my old eyes.  How about reducing the height of the time line to a half of what it is now?  A smaller font will work if you need it.  That will cut the amount of color on the page.  Might help some.  I find it difficult to change from Ford Blue though

Maybe make the "XXXX wrote:" space a different color like beige.  That would reduce the impact some.  or make beige the color for all of the color spaces.  Contrast is the devil here.  You want some, but not too high.

If you reduce the text box size by whatever number of lines exist below "Private Message" to zero,  More posts will be shown.  Make it a variable sized box with the "Private Message" location the minimum box size.

I do have to admit you have done a lot of work on this and I appreciate it. 

If  you are willing to take and use the suggestions of myself and others, we can suredly iterate ourselves into something more acceptable to more of us.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

4/01/2013 12:45 PM  #32

MustangSteve wrote:

OK, everyone put in their suggestions for colors.  I remember a few years ago I tried to take off the light blue and everyone thought the world was ending.  Any change is difficult.  Tell me what colors you would suggest... EVERYONE

I would suggest this color in place of the powder blue and somthing colder for the back ground.   

Its less loud and the black text looks nice against it

In fact I think it would work with all the other colors currently on the forum except the off white you have in the background.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/01/2013 1:24 PM  #33

Funny thing is that I already have gotten used to the way it looks now...

4/01/2013 1:35 PM  #34

Hakan wrote:

Funny thing is that I already have gotten used to the way it looks now...

Ditto!

4/01/2013 1:41 PM  #35

Wow, once more a change to a used, tried and well workin system. Can get use to it but thing that the old one was more of "one of a kind"!

This forum system is like ourMustang's. 

Keep it looking stock but upgrade with usefull parts! That's how I saw the old forum!

Now it looks like every other forum and has lost the wow factor but I might get used to it if it is "This" what needs to be done. I am getting old!!!!

Mustsed

​(btw, where is spell check?)

Last edited by Mustsed (4/01/2013 1:45 PM)

4/01/2013 1:45 PM  #36

I really, really, really hate those "verification" words that have to be typed in, GRRRRR!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/01/2013 2:41 PM  #37

It's the people that make this site special to me, and the content - not the way it looks.

Whatever you guys decide is fine with me. =)

(This is Brian Mitchem - I'm just going with something besides my name, now, for a User ID. =) )

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

4/01/2013 4:37 PM  #38

very nice

4/01/2013 4:41 PM  #39

MustangSteve wrote:

First, I like this forum better than the old one.  It still has the charm, but the interface is better and faster.  As for colors, that's a personal thing, but I've always preferred the warmth of earth colors.  I've never liked the colder colors like various blues, grey, etc.

But hey,  it's still the MS forum, so I'm good...

John

4/01/2013 4:48 PM  #40

MC_Stang wrote:

Hmm... The funniest April Fools Joke that wasn't

MS gets all the credit for that brilliant idea.  I had the forum all set up for him abought a month ago and he got the great idea to launch it today.  We have had some great april fools jokes on the forum, who knew the one that was really not a joke would create the most buzz.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

4/01/2013 6:07 PM  #41

Rudi wrote:

I really, really, really hate those "verification" words that have to be typed in, GRRRRR!

I have not experienced that with either Photo Uploading Application.  When does it occur?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/01/2013 6:26 PM  #42

MustangSteve wrote:

Rudi wrote:

I have not experienced that with either Photo Uploading Application.  When does it occur?

every time I have posted a picture, which is about three times now in this new forum.

4/01/2013 6:33 PM  #43

I've Been looking at the Forum all Day,Decided I have to give my full support to MS Steve,it's easy for me to complain,Comment,but then again I'm not the one Giving up my time.
So Ill Learn to Navigate change,It's still the Best Forum out there IMHO

Jimmy O

4/01/2013 7:25 PM  #44

The new forum looks a lot like Stangnet, which is not bad. Like everything else, the forum users will get used to the new style.  So far I have been able to create an Avatar and post a picture, so I think I will be fine. 

4/01/2013 7:33 PM  #45

At my age the only change I like is an increase in my retirement check. But I'm still here and will get used to it. Still working on learning to post pics.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

4/01/2013 7:38 PM  #46

How do I post a new Question? Or picture,can't seem to find it I'm sure it's right in front of my nose

Jimmy O

4/01/2013 8:03 PM  #47

Did the theme change? Maybe it's just my monitor at home, maybe it's just not being at work, but I like the looks better

4/01/2013 8:53 PM  #48

I really like it.  I think it is going to allow us to do even more.
  Matts67coupe

4/01/2013 8:58 PM  #49

Will take some getting used to but I like it.

4/01/2013 9:55 PM  #50

boomyal wrote:

MustangSteve wrote:

Rudi wrote:

every time I have posted a picture, which is about three times now in this new forum.

I think it stops after you post the 10th picture.

Hosted Mustang Steve Birthday Bash 2009        http://www.tm66mustang.com

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.