FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2015 4:00 PM  #1

Mustang Steve In The Hospital

Steve Wilkes is in the Hospital in Waxahatchie, Tx.  It is the new hospital, I think he said room 220.  He is having complications with a large kidney stone blockage which will have to be removed by endoscopy.  The procedure is scheduled for Wednesday at 4:00 p.m..Please send him well wishes.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

6/01/2015 4:21 PM  #2

Re: Mustang Steve In The Hospital

MS,
Wishing you a speedy recovery on the removal of your kidney stone.  Hopefully, the medical staff is taking good care of you!
SteveinNC

6/01/2015 4:36 PM  #3

MS
I hope and pray that you get to feeling better soon. I had the same thing about a year ago. A kindey stone was the most painful thing I have ever experinced. Forget waterboarding they need to figure out how to give a guy a stone until he talks.

6/01/2015 4:42 PM  #4

Hey MS, get well soon!

Cheap, Fast, Good:  Pick Any Two

6/01/2015 4:47 PM  #5

MustangSteve, get well soon!

My wife went through this in January, endoscope procedure with a 7.8mm kidney stone.  There were some times she screamed like the world was ending.  She made it.  You will too.   Just remember the light at the end of the tunnel.  Dr. Also told her NO more caffeine.   She made the switch to caffeine free diet pepsi sucessfully.   I drink it too.  

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

6/01/2015 4:59 PM  #6

Hang in there Steve, we will be praying for you.
Terry and Lynn

Hosted Mustang Steve Birthday Bash 2009        http://www.tm66mustang.com

6/01/2015 5:25 PM  #7

Kidney stones are bad news. Had a guy miss three weeks of work over it. Don't want t think about the pain he described from that and the infection, ranked right up there with shingles. Get well soon, Steve.

As the stories from work go. I don't know how true it is, but found it sickly humorous once I got past cringing over the possible pain this guy suffered. Someone I don't know and don't want to be, but as the story goes......doctors had installed a stint to allow passage of the stone. The guy was on the throne doing his business. As he stood up, the end of the stint caught in a crack in the toilet seat. It was prematurely removed without warning!!  I was told as the guy stood up, he also fell over.
To anyone  unfortunate enough to have to endure kidney stones and a stint, be very AWARE of your surroundings. 

This can be the safety moment for the day.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

6/01/2015 5:31 PM  #8

Not fun stuff.  Hang in there Steve!!   Ask for the good stuff to help with the pain.

jerry

6/01/2015 5:35 PM  #9

hang in there and get better quick

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

6/01/2015 5:37 PM  #10

Prayers are with you Steve, hoping all goes well.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

6/01/2015 6:02 PM  #11

Steve,
You're in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery free of pain....

6/01/2015 6:18 PM  #12

Get well soon, and don't re-engineer the doctors equipment.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

6/01/2015 6:58 PM  #13

Thinkin of ya Buddy. Hope all goes well and you're back home soon.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

6/01/2015 7:33 PM  #14

Been there,buddy!!
Just don't panic the first time you pee!
Toradal,makes the hurt go awayyyyy!!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/01/2015 7:34 PM  #15

Get Well Soon MS!

6/01/2015 7:45 PM  #16

Very sorry to hear of your troubles, Steve.  Maybe we should form up a team and get down there to finish putting your car together.  Then we could all head north and finish mine.  Of course, all I'm good for is supervisin'. 

Seriously, my friend, we wish you the best.  I know this ain't no fun.

BB and Jean

PS:  Man does my back feel good......now.

Last edited by Bullet Bob (6/01/2015 8:18 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/01/2015 7:47 PM  #17

Been there done that and did not want the T-shirt, are prayers are with you, get well soon.

6/01/2015 8:06 PM  #18

MS, sorry to hear your in the hospital!  Kidney stones are no fun! I had 1 and do not want any more!  Get well soon

6/01/2015 8:07 PM  #19

Good luck Steve

6/01/2015 8:11 PM  #20

Hoping  you have a speedy recovery MS

As George Harrison said " All Things Must Pass".

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

6/01/2015 8:26 PM  #21

Hang in there Steve, I went through three lithotripsy's and no success. Going in to get the rock just ain't no fun!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/01/2015 8:26 PM  #22

Hope all goes well Steve, and have a quick recovery.

1966 Coupe, 1965 Fastback, 1968 Cougar

6/01/2015 8:49 PM  #23

Hope you feel better soon Steve

6/01/2015 9:05 PM  #24

I've been where you are, and it's the most pain I have EVER experienced!  I pray you have a speedy recovery!

6/01/2015 9:13 PM  #25

Get well soon MS

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.