FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2015 10:04 PM  #1

New tool followed my home today

I've been wanting a welder for a long time. And we'll I went to just look at the local gas supply shop and one thing lead to another and I just had to have it.

Last edited by True74yamaha (7/16/2015 10:07 PM)

7/17/2015 3:38 AM  #2

Re: New tool followed my home today

Nice!  Did you get a gas bottle, too?

7/17/2015 4:35 AM  #3

I think you are really going to like that Miller.  I have two and don't know how I got along without a welder before.
SteveinNC

7/17/2015 5:04 AM  #4

Too bad...you're gonna hate that thing.  You'll be spending all your time thinking up stuff that needs to be stuck together.  No more stock parts, man.  Now you'll be thinking, "Well heck, I can just drag out my welder and fire up the drill press...a little bending, drilling, and welding and the part I make will be way better than stock." 

You are in real trouble, my friend.

Butt (TS&T) seriously, I'm sure you'll love that thing,  Congrats.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/17/2015 9:13 AM  #5

gjz30075 wrote:

Nice!  Did you get a gas bottle, too?

I purchased the welder some er70s7 0.23 33lb roll or wire with tips  a 125cf gas bottle and some single sleeves for when I do over head. I also purchased the cart from hobo freight with a 20% off coupon it made it 33$ it fits the welder okay it's just barely to narrow some im going to cut a side off and section it and make it a little wider so it fits correctly.  Now if only I knew someone that's could weld this lol!!

Last edited by True74yamaha (7/17/2015 9:24 AM)

7/17/2015 9:15 AM  #6

Bullet Bob wrote:

Too bad...you're gonna hate that thing.  You'll be spending all your time thinking up stuff that needs to be stuck together.  No more stock parts, man.  Now you'll be thinking, "Well heck, I can just drag out my welder and fire up the drill press...a little bending, drilling, and welding and the part I make will be way better than stock."

Never a truer statement made... I love my welder but it has lead to so many "new parts" that my simple cruiser has turned into a 6yr project that'll be track capable when I'm done. What started as floors and a T5 swap wound up with floors, T5, hydraulic clutch setup with homemade brackets (95 T5), Cobra brakes, homemade roller LCA's, adjustable strut rods, homemade tubular UCA's & coil over setup (for two cars), 8.8 swap (shortened at home of course), vert inner rockers, Daze's designed sub frame connectors with jacking rails added, pulled engine and welded all the seams, Boss 302 chassis mods, homemade Watts link, interior refresh, etc... Damn welder, what the heck did I buy THAT thing for???? 

Last edited by tweet66 (7/17/2015 9:45 AM)

7/17/2015 9:21 AM  #7

I've uses both millers older model 140 a 210 that's 55 years old still worked awesome. I even used the 210 to weld up some 22 gauge as my teacher was curious if you'd just burn threw. He knew better but it was just to see who was the best welder in the collision repair class. I also used some lincoln 110 125 and 140. Personally the lincoln even when not in auto set it seems to me I could get a better weld with the miller.  But I'm sure that's just me.  Question on the welder yall. It's the newer miller model 141. I turned it on got my wire gas everything hooked up and when I started using it it made kinda a weird click noise. It does it when not using the welding torch.  Is this normal for the 141 to do this? The numerous amounts of 140s I've used never did this ever.

7/17/2015 11:50 AM  #8

Nice, the only thing that follows me home are stray cat. Maybe I need to shower more.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

7/17/2015 12:45 PM  #9

Congrats.    Why do all our garages look the same??

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

7/17/2015 1:08 PM  #10

Thanks guys. Well for me my stuffs crammed into a small area. Now my next purchases include a new drill press, plasma cutter and maybe a small cutting sheer. But those are hopes and wishes right now. 

By the way it made me laugh when I reread the title that i typed wrong. Ha ha

7/17/2015 6:39 PM  #11

Greg B wrote:

Congrats.    Why do all our garages look the same??

I was tinking the same thing.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.