| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline
68 coupe, 289 c4. Is there a way to independently adjust in gear idle, and curb idle or parked idle? When the car is parked, or in neutral, and I set the idle, when input it in gear to go, driving idle is way low, and if I set the driving idle where it's supposed to be, when I put it in park, its way to high, and sometimes slams into gear especially reverse. I put my trusty sears tach n dwell on it, and the numbers were all over the place,and it didn't sound right so by ear was next. How do I find the sweet spot?
Offline
More than once, I have experienced those same issues on cars that had vacuum leaks. What you are experiencing is not normal, and you will not be able to get the idle set right until you sort out the contributing factor. Sorry, not an April 1st response, its a sincere response.
Offline

If no vacuum leaks are discovered ( and sometimes they are hard to find), try changing your timing a bit. That can also cause rpm drop after placing in gear.
Offline
Yes check all vacuum lines, intake, modulator valve on lower passenger side of trans.
Offline
There are no vacuum leaks any where. What should I check on the modulator valve, is there an adjustment on it?
Offline
You don't need to worry about adjustment, pull hose off valve to see if any fluid is present, if not you can pull a little vacuum on the valve and if it holds, then valve is good. make sure the hose fits tight on valve nipple.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |