FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2013 3:34 PM  #1

6/13/2013 4:06 PM  #2

Re: Ring Brothers Mustang For Sale!

I have a HUGE appreciation for the amount of work in that car, but it just doesn't do anything for me.  I would think their time would be better spent creating their own, one of a kind, supercar or something like that.  They certainly have the ability.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/13/2013 7:10 PM  #3

Just goes to show you can customize something too much, or at least to me it's way over the top. Those guys are awesome fabricators though.

Last edited by Raymond_B (6/13/2013 7:11 PM)

6/13/2013 9:14 PM  #4

Back about 10 years ago I lived about 5 miles from there shop in Spring Green WI.  I had no Idea they were working on these kind of projects...LOL.

Steve69

Last edited by Steve69 (6/13/2013 9:15 PM)

6/13/2013 10:24 PM  #5

MustangSteve wrote:

I have a HUGE appreciation for the amount of work in that car, but it just doesn't do anything for me..

my thoughts exactly. IMO there's way too much "ricer" & "fastener" on that car. when someone brings me a car to build, there are two rules, "subtle" & "less is more". what i try to do & REALLY appreciate seeing is someone who can take something off of a late model, install it in an early model & blend it to where the general public doesnt hardly notice. do that many times over on the same vehicle & i'm really impressed. again, i appreciate the work that goes into their stuff, but way too many polished stainless fasteners stand out everywhere & too many billet parts with holes drilled in them. just detracts from the natural beauty & lines original to the car.

6/14/2013 9:15 AM  #6

I agree with all the comments about their excesses, but keep in mind that they are businessmen. Their first several cars were show cars to get their names known by the general gearhead population. Now they build cars on commission. Mostly their cars are rolling catalogs for the parts they have developed. Love their billet hood hinges? Go to their website and you will find 50 variations that will fit your vintage Mustang(for amazingly high prices). You do not have to like everything they do to like some of the things they do. Although I have to agree with MS about all the exposed bolt heads in prominant places. Are we ready for the "Steam Punk" era of vintage Mustang customization?

6/14/2013 3:14 PM  #7

I WOULD have bid on it butt........the hood gaps spoiled it! Sorry Ring Broz.

6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/20/2013 8:10 PM  #8

Just caught this post so yes, I'm late to the game... I liked their Fairlane but think that the original styling of that car lent itself to their flavor of 'modding' more than the pretty much near perfect lines of the classic 'Stang do - looked at this 2+2 a bunch and it just doesn't work for me like the rest of you have already said. I must further defer to my daughter though, who, when I brought home the '66 (Coupé), gave it long looks up, down, front to back and side to side and said "most cars, ...there's something I don't like - Butt (TS&T), this one I can't find anything wrong with - it's awesome"! Big smiles 'cuz that's hard to get praise from a 17 yr old fashonista even if all the credit really belongs to the original designers.

All that being said I'd still rather beat the crap out of a Holman-Moody prepped Fairlane w/proper 427 than the Ring Bros. version (if I had the cash for either). Not to say - AT ALL - that I don't respect RBs skills, but FUN is FUN and there ain't no substitute for the 'real thing'.

OK - she said 'but' not 'Butt'... just exrapolating...

http://ringbrothers.com/1964_fairlane_afterburner

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hdrp_0605_1964_holman_moody_ford_fairlane/photo_01.html

(Pinto!)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.