FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2013 10:32 PM  #1

Spark Plug Changing Contest Video

(Thanks, Matt for making the video)  This was in Kalispell, Montana in 2011 at the BASH.

If you are new to FYIFORD and have no idea what a plug-changing competition entails, here is a good video of one "heat".  That is Glen on the left, who held the first place title for many years.  Glen has been to every bash ever held, and this will be the 10th annual.

Glen took home a huge tool kit as first prize and the second place took home a floor jack for their efforts.  Fastest time is around 35 seconds to remove and reinstall 4 plugs.  Maybe next time we will have to cover their hands with grease to make it more challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPekEYy2Kc0

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/22/2013 7:48 PM  #2

Re: Spark Plug Changing Contest Video

MustangSteve wrote:

(Thanks, Matt for making the video)  =13px.  Fastest time is around 35 seconds to remove and reinstall 4 plugs.  Maybe next time we will have to cover their hands with grease to make it more challenging.

MS, 35 seconds may have been the fastest time in Kalispell but IICR, fastest time in Tomball was 30 or 31 dont remember exactly but Josh may remember!  I finished 3rd and my best time was 35,  I just cant seem to beat that!!

10/23/2013 11:56 AM  #3

Who won the contest this year??  Video??

10/23/2013 12:13 PM  #4

Jerry Fitch won!   And you will not believe who got eliminated in the first round.

10/25/2013 9:57 AM  #5

I had home turf advantage!

jerry

11/01/2013 8:39 PM  #6

In all fairness, Sir Glen was tired from the long drive.........

11/04/2013 3:45 PM  #7

Can't believe I am still getting kicked in the onions over the loss.

11/04/2013 4:25 PM  #8

Glens 1965 50 wrote:

Can't believe I am still getting kicked in the onions over the loss.

We know you will be back in 2014, loaded for bear...

5/21/2014 9:26 AM  #9

lol! that was too funny! where were you guys when i had the 351w in the '65 with the collapsed shock towers? i swear one of those plugs was never changed.

5/23/2014 10:14 PM  #10

R5CYA wrote:

lol! that was too funny! where were you guys when i had the 351w in the '65 with the collapsed shock towers? i swear one of those plugs was never changed.

Yeah... I am thinking maybe this year we put the heads in the bottom of a trash can for the plug changing contest to simulate real world conditions...

2/16/2015 1:45 AM  #11

it is nice post

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.