FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2019 4:02 PM  #176

Re: What did you do to your Mustang today?

Bullet Bob wrote:

Well, a quick looks shows the temp gauge indicating in F....ain't that supposed to be C over there?

BB

Very good observation, but it's actually simpler than that. Also, adding to the field of pointless knowledge: The centigrade system used almost everywhere except for in the US was invented by a guy here from Sweden called Anders Celsius.

Bullet Bob wrote:

Oh, and, as usual your work is absolutely beeeeee-ut-eee-full, Hakan.

BB

Many thanks!

5/13/2019 11:21 PM  #177

Well, guess I will start looking at replacement tires for the 68.... Working a few 12 hr days changing 3 landing gear on a 737 this week will help soften the blow. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Ron68 (5/13/2019 11:22 PM)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

5/14/2019 12:48 PM  #178

drove the mustang to and from the exhaust shop! and yes it was AMAZING!! such a great feel to have 4th gear with the AOD!!

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

5/15/2019 3:27 PM  #179

5/16/2019 12:01 PM  #180

Picked up this package on my way home from work today:

It's my new rear coilover shocks that I bought from the UK:

5/16/2019 12:26 PM  #181

today i just finished exaust with long tubes . Sound is not what supposed to be , ,and maybe i go some leaks , some whistle from heads ,  Which muffler have a nice sound  , tipycal old style ? 
( not magnaflow , too modern ) 
Now i have thrush turbo  and is relatevly loud / bearable  and is nice when rpm goes high . At low seems shuffles to much 

5/16/2019 1:08 PM  #182

Alessandro wrote:

today i just finished exaust with long tubes . Sound is not what supposed to be , ,and maybe i go some leaks , some whistle from heads ,  Which muffler have a nice sound  , tipycal old style ? 
( not magnaflow , too modern ) 
Now i have thrush turbo  and is relatevly loud / bearable  and is nice when rpm goes high . At low seems shuffles to much 

I remember using Thrush Turbos on my 66 coupe a long way back and had it dumped under the car like you do. I loved the way it sounded at full throttle, but it was loud and droned at low rpm/cruising speeds. You might try fashioning some temporary tailpipes and see if that doesn't help. 

Last edited by Raymond_B (5/16/2019 1:08 PM)

5/19/2019 2:11 PM  #183

Started to replace the rear coilover shocks:

But of course ran into some minor issues and now have to make 8 sleeves to make the new ones fit:

5/19/2019 9:47 PM  #184

Today I got around to removing the offending front driver fender apron.  MS suggested I replace the radiator support which I had considered, but I'm trying to avoid the WYIT monster.  But of course, I don't want to do the job half way.  So I'm now seriously considering it.  The radiator support does look relatively rough, especially the top rail.  What are ya'lls thoughts on high quality radiator supports?  I don't want to put something cheapo and bad fitting in.

Owner of MustangSteve - 1967 Mustang Coupe 302, 2005 Mustang GT

5/22/2019 11:14 PM  #185

Well Mike....pictures don't always tell the whole story.
(Other than the top) I think it looks pretty good.
I'm a big believer in keeping what you got(factory install) and patch/weld/grind the offending parts.
Most aftermarket stuff I have seen NEVER fit like an OEM piece.
Amazing what a dolly/hammer/grinder can do.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/25/2019 8:33 PM  #186

Making some progress on quarter panel patching...

6/01/2019 10:54 PM  #187

Now for some plastic and paint!

6/02/2019 10:21 AM  #188

I finally got around to a few things on my 70Mach.
Stainless brake lines
Rear disc setup from a late 90s Mercury Marquis
Front SPC upper control arms
PTC lower control/strut rods
Borgeson steering box
PST tie rod sleeves
Modified power steering pump bracket for saginaw pump
Tilt steering column
New dash pad
LED cluster lights
Aluminum heads
ported intake to heads
Sanderson headers
Exhaust X pipe
Sanden a/c compressor mounted low on passenger side
Center force clutch
Open Tracker roller clutch linkage and modified Borgeson Z bar
Still tying in the headers to the existing exhaust system V bands at the Summit muffler inlets.
Getting close to fire up and shake down then on to front end alignment.

Last edited by Machman (6/02/2019 10:22 AM)

6/02/2019 11:11 AM  #189

Machman wrote:

I finally got around to a few things on my 70Mach. 

And yet no pics? C'mon man

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/02/2019 3:06 PM  #190

Working on it.

6/02/2019 7:18 PM  #191

Cut apart the passenger side.

Happy with the trunk drop, need to cut the tacks on the wheelhouse and shorten it about 3/16-1/4".

Maybe I can get the passenger side patched back up next weekend.  There is a reason why body shops charge a fortune for this work… It takes a bunch of time to get everything to fit up right.

6/16/2019 10:44 PM  #192

Continuing the rust battle, Passenger side quarter panel patch about 95% done.

Need to patch up the tail panel and prep the trunk for paint.  That should take a couple solid weekends.  Stupid tail light gaskets on the 71-73's were like a freaking sponge, so I have to perform more surgery.

6/19/2019 12:21 PM  #193

Hakan wrote:

Last week I finished up the hood lock release and then yesterday I finally cut all the engine bay hoses for the oil cooler, power steering and fuel to length:

Today I painted the inside of the front bumper:

Polished the intake pipe:

As I had my polishing equipment out I also polished the 90° piece of steel tubing I used as piece of the upper radiator connection:

how do you get the flame print where the battery goes? That panel does not look interchangeable.

6/19/2019 12:59 PM  #194

daily driver wrote:

how do you get the flame print where the battery goes? That panel does not look interchangeable.

I more or less custom built everything above the framerails in front of the shocktowers as it made things easier (IMO) when I should fit the radiator, intercooler and all the other stuff there. The flames are made with a bead roller.

7/04/2019 9:21 PM  #195

After fooling with patching the tail panel on my 71 for quite a few hours I decided to cut it out and replace it.

The 71-73's had rust-o-matic tail light gaskets that held water - and would rust out the tail panel...

Last edited by Bentworker (7/04/2019 11:34 PM)

8/23/2019 8:18 PM  #196

Picked up the car from the body shop.  I had them spray the bare interior with POR15
free photo host

8/24/2019 5:16 AM  #197

Took it on a 160 mile round trip with a friend. Nice ride, no issues, great day!

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

8/28/2019 5:38 PM  #198

Today I started working on the EFI wiring harness and the new harness for the body came in yesterday started reading the how to book on the harness installation, made my head hurt will finish the EFI first than on to the body harness more to come later.

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

8/28/2019 6:03 PM  #199

Washed, wax and drove. 

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

8/31/2019 9:11 AM  #200

With the help of my stepson, we replaced the fuel sender and the fuel pump. Not fun considering the tank was still half full. 

Scott Williams- 1969 Pete Revson tribute

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.