| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline
I drove my Mustang today and noticed that it was shifting later and harder than it has been. It is a 66 302 with a C4.I drove it Monday and all was fine. Today it is shifting into 2nd between 25-30 mph and into 3rd at over 40. It was shifting almost immediately into 2nd and into 3rd at about 25. No changes have been made. The shifts are very firm also. Could the modulator be bad? I replaced it about 6 years ago.
I'm going to check for vacuum leaks and try to adjust it tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Offline

Check for vacuum leaks in the tubing that runs from the manifold to the modulator. It us usually a rubber tubing at the top and bottom with a steel line between. Then you can check the modulator by removing the rubber vacuum line at the modulator and see if transmission fluid comes out. If you get fluid, the modulator is bad. I'm sure someone else will chime in with some more ideas.
Best of luck
Offline

I know this may sound stupid but, Check the fluid level. Also kinked or leaking cooler lines can also do that. Somtimes leaks can be sneeky. Only leaking under pressure while your driving and not when the cars just sitting idiling.
Offline
I think I found the problem. Vac hose from carb to steel line was cracked. No vac to modulator. It's been raining here so no test drive yet but I'm sure that will fix it.
Thanks for your input.
Dan
Offline
Drove it to the donut shop this am and all is well.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |