FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2019 9:31 AM  #1

Would you make this trade?

A guy on Craigslist has 69/70 seats with TMI foam (sport) & upholstery and wants to trade for my 67 stock seats.

YES / NO? Opinions?

9/04/2019 9:41 AM  #2

Re: Would you make this trade?

If you are able, go sit in them and see how they feel......then you'll know if it's worth the trade....

9/04/2019 12:06 PM  #3

I understand the 69/70 seats ....sit higher than 66. Don't know about 67
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/04/2019 1:18 PM  #4

69-70 seats have exact same frames as 65-68 seats and sit at the same height. They bolt in exactly the same.

Some people LIKE the extra foam and some people HATE it.  I guarantee there is a good reason he wants to go back to a stock seat.  At least you have the opportunity to test the seats, unlike most who purchase that extra padding stuff and then regret it.  Like sal said, go try them, but try them on a 20 mile drive vs just sitting in them for a few minutes.  Seat problems usually do not show themselves on a short test.

Last comment:  that picture doesn't look like anything I have seen before???  Maybe I am not remembering everything ...

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/04/2019 1:24 PM  #5

Those side bolsters on the seat might be an issue if your butt is on the wide side! 

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/04/2019 1:38 PM  #6

MS wrote:

69-70 seats have exact same frames as 65-68 seats and sit at the same height. They bolt in exactly the same.

Some people LIKE the extra foam and some people HATE it.  I guarantee there is a good reason he wants to go back to a stock seat.  At least you have the opportunity to test the seats, unlike most who purchase that extra padding stuff and then regret it.  Like sal said, go try them, but try them on a 20 mile drive vs just sitting in them for a few minutes.  Seat problems usually do not show themselves on a short test.

Last comment:  that picture doesn't look like anything I have seen before???  Maybe I am not remembering everything ...

sal didn't say to sit in them......please correct your post

9/04/2019 2:25 PM  #7

Rudi wrote:

Those side bolsters on the seat might be an issue if your butt is on the wide side! 

Fortunately, I'm still able to fit easily within the confines of an economy class seat on a commercial airliner... so the beam of my backside won't be an issue. 

As for an opportunity to test the seats, I'm not sure if this guy will accommodate 20 miles worth, but I'll definitely test them on the road if possible before deciding what to do.

mm

9/04/2019 3:02 PM  #8

Consider the pleat direction.  The issues I have with these is that they have vertical pleats.  The door panels and rear seats in a '67 have horizontal pleats.  I was not a fan of the mismatch and didn't want to switch everything else over, so I went with different TMI seats that have the horizontal pleats.

I fit fine in the TMI seats and have never fit in commercial airliner seats.  My shoulders are just too wide.  Freakin' German Neanderthal DNA...

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.