FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2019 9:29 AM  #1

MS any updates on your 56 F100

MS, any pics or updates to your F100?

I've been looking for a 56 for awhile and curious to learn more about your truck, what you've done to it and how you like it.

9/14/2019 4:11 PM  #2

Re: MS any updates on your 56 F100

I have installed the 2001 Explorer 5.0 with GT40P heads and carburetor. Installed 4R70W transmission with electronic controller.  I am waiting on my new shop to be built before I take the cab off.  The previous owner thought it was a great idea to cut the lower frame of the floor to install a power brake booster and MC under the floor.  So, I have to pull the cab and rebuild all his misdoings.  Then I am adding 3" tubs to the bed sides.  I also installed a complete brake system from a 2019 Mustang GT with 14" front rotors and 13" rears.  I have the 2019 MC and booster on the firewall.
New hood, new lower front valance (no bumper) new chrome grille, everything aft of the cab except fenders is new.  18" front wheels with 245x45 tires and 20" rears.  It sits low with MII front suspension and triangulated four bar 9" rear with coil overs.  Aluminum gas tank, Amish oak bed floor with stainless strips.  Frenched 1959 Caddy taillights.  Cannot post pics from my desktop!!!  not sure why...

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/15/2019 8:22 AM  #3

MS wrote:

Cannot post pics from my desktop!!!  not sure why...

Do you have Windows 10, seem like nothing works with it.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

9/15/2019 8:53 AM  #4

I can do pics from my phone but not desktop.  Here are a few pics so far. Basically the truck is sitting, pretty much apart, waiting for the new shop so I have room to pull the cab.

9/15/2019 1:34 PM  #5

Are you going to make that into a Big Window?

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

9/15/2019 2:44 PM  #6

MS wrote:

I have the 10 on my computer, I discovered that I have to use the Upload button with the paper clip instead of the picture button that I have to use on my i-pad and phone. 

Last edited by HudginJ3 (9/15/2019 2:45 PM)

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/16/2019 11:59 AM  #7

HudginJ3 wrote:

MS wrote:

I have the 10 on my computer, I discovered that I have to use the Upload button with the paper clip instead of the picture button that I have to use on my i-pad and phone. 

If your using windows explorer that wont work either.  I've went back to using Microsoft edge and that does work.

9/16/2019 10:06 PM  #8

How about this look Steve?  Used Chevy rear fenders.

Little too low for practical use butt it sure looks "a little different" with those fenders. Slick
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/17/2019 7:04 AM  #9

6sally6 wrote:

How about this look Steve?  Used Chevy rear fenders.

Little too low for practical use butt it sure looks "a little different" with those fenders. Slick
6sal6

This is how I imagined your Mustang to look (ha, ha)

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

9/17/2019 7:08 AM  #10

MS wrote:

I can do pics from my phone but not desktop.  Here are a few pics so far. Basically the truck is sitting, pretty much apart, waiting for the new shop so I have room to pull the cab.

Love that hoist Steve! Does the Fastback sit up there all the time? Didn't you say that you had an oil leak? Having a hoist like that would sure make service and repairs so much easier.

1964-1/2 D Code Coupe - 289 V8, 4 Speed Toploader, 3.00 ratio rear, Autolite 4100 Carb, 15" tires, Pertronix ignition

9/17/2019 9:30 AM  #11

Since the fastback requires the most maintenance, typically it is parked on the lift.  I would have to get the truck and corvette actually running in order to pull them on the lift!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.