FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2024 4:19 AM  #1

A outback mustang

2015 and newer outback are the same 107 wheelbase. Or axle center to center as early mustangs. They also use now 5 on 4.5 lugbolt pattern.  I was thinking it would be neat to build a 1965-1966 fastback with new quarter door structure kits I found. And use a 2015 or newer subaru outback as my floor and chassis frame.

3/05/2024 9:42 PM  #2

Re: A outback mustang

Found a new brand of beer, did you?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/08/2024 9:06 PM  #3

MS wrote:

Lol are you watching me Steve? How did you know I found a new beer recently?
I'm always looking out for a new beer. I like summer Shandy goes great with lemon. And it's even better on tap.
I also found another beer. Utah finally changed liquor laws so instead of having 3.2 we not have full strength like the most other states. beer for say bud or Miller we had 3.2. But for our local breweries Utah had less restrictions or something so they could be full strength 5.2, or a hefty 7.0 beer.

On the Outback Mustang thought I was thinking it would be neat to have AWD.

Last edited by True74yamaha (3/09/2024 6:46 AM)

3/09/2024 9:58 AM  #4

Same thoughts had crossed my mind when the 05-06 Legacy GT with the factory boost setup came out.

There is a 6 speed version that would have been more fun. 😁

I had thought of this before Hoonigan ever made one.

3/10/2024 11:21 PM  #5

Nos681 wrote:

Same thoughts had crossed my mind when the 05-06 Legacy GT with the factory boost setup came out.

There is a 6 speed version that would have been more fun. 😁

I had thought of this before Hoonigan ever made one.

That sounds like Fun NOS. They make a 6 speed transmission controller now im waiting on the 10 speed transmission controller to be released my My current project build. I would like to have a nice. Power plant in the Outback Mustang.  I guess I could always add a whicked turbo or twin turbo. The reason I had this idea I got quite bored and was researching reading. Plus I'm going to definitely build a fastback after I finish building my Coupe. No body knows the good news that I'll be building another Mustang but im pretty happy. Plus I noticed that the Fastback quarter door structure for 65-66 went down $500. That makes its the same price at the 67-68 sides. So now they around $1,500 a side.

3/10/2024 11:24 PM  #6

MS wrote:

What type Brand of beer do you Fancy?

I want to come down to Texas at some point to see the sights plus eat! I want to try the steak challenge. The only item I think right now id have trouble eating is the baked potato.

3/10/2024 11:47 PM  #7

True74yamaha wrote:

MS wrote:

What type Brand of beer do you Fancy?

I want to come down to Texas at some point to see the sights plus eat! I want to try the steak challenge. The only item I think right now id have trouble eating is the baked potato.

As I recall while playing pool at the MS homestead in Ovilla a few years back, Lone Star seemed to be the beer of choice.....unless it has now taken a back seat to another.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.