FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/11/2024 2:31 PM  #1

This stuff works perfect on gauges

Matches original perfectly for painting gauge pointers

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/12/2024 12:23 AM  #2

Re: This stuff works perfect on gauges

My question is how did you get the numbers so white.

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/12/2024 5:53 PM  #3

I bought the same Tester's fluorescent orange paint only in a 0.25 oz size ... and I'm expecting to have some left over! 
BTW - The white numbers look fine on the two 5-gauge panels I have. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/13/2024 6:01 AM  #4

Awesome!  The needle on the boost gauge in my WRX needs to be repainted, so looks like I know what to use.  I've used Testor's paints for a lot of car stuff over the years.  They have a couple colors in the Model Master line that matched black trim paint perfectly, and some of the metallic colors work great for the silver of parts that are not chrome.  Going from building model cars to real cars seems to have had some advantages. 

4/13/2024 6:25 AM  #5

The bezels and the knob bezels were painted with testors model paint 18 years ago.  Those knobs were originally chrome plated from the factory.  The switch and cable bezels light up when the dash lights are on, after I painted them I scraped the letters with an exacto knife. 

Testors model paint holds up pretty well.

On a side note, I did splurge on my convertible and bought chrome plated repros of all those pieces. 

Just noting that there is a solution for every budget, and testors paint can help that!

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

4/13/2024 8:01 AM  #6

I squeezed out about 1/4” drop of paint on a piece of cardboard and had plenty to do two sets of gauges, so there should be enough paint left in the bottle to do another 200 sets or so. Help me think of another use for it so it doesn’t go to waste.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/13/2024 5:53 PM  #7

MS wrote:

I squeezed out about 1/4” drop of paint on a piece of cardboard and had plenty to do two sets of gauges, so there should be enough paint left in the bottle to do another 200 sets or so. Help me think of another use for it so it doesn’t go to waste.

LOL

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/14/2024 9:24 AM  #8

Put a dab on the front bead sights of your artillery!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.