FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2024 8:52 AM  #1

GAS IS ON THE RISE.

It has done jumped 20 cents in last few days.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/21/2024 10:52 AM  #2

Re: GAS IS ON THE RISE.

Its probably going to go up more.  We are nearing summer and increased demand from summer travel typically causes a price bump.  There was also the announcement this past week that there will be no drilling on Federal lands in Alaska due to environmental concerns, which leads to an assumption that oil will be going up, speculation which ensures that it does, and filling stations and everyone else hedging their bet my raising prices now so that they have enough capital to refill their tanks when prices are higher at their next fill up. 

4/21/2024 11:12 AM  #3

And if you lived in the PNW you would pay 4.35 gal now

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/21/2024 11:17 AM  #4

It jumped 0.20 early last week here in SWFL.

4/21/2024 12:33 PM  #5

Went up $.40 since last week to $5.36 Now I have a t shirt that says it all

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

4/21/2024 2:08 PM  #6

I was sick for a week and a half and haven't been out of the house. I couldn't believe the price jump when I went to get gas.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/21/2024 7:53 PM  #7

Was in Napa Valley this week. Gas @ $5.99 or more.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

4/21/2024 8:45 PM  #8

It is 3.35 here 87 oct    and 3.99 93 oct

4/22/2024 5:03 AM  #9

87 was $3.59 last week, but oddly Diesel didn't move.  Still $3.99.  Gas is one thing, but if Diesel starts going up again get ready for the cost of EVERYTHING to go up. 

4/22/2024 10:28 AM  #10

You guys amuse me complaining about three dollar gas.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/22/2024 2:22 PM  #11

At todays exchange rate converted , in Canada we pay 4.44 usd a gallon for 87 octane.
Tha equates to $6.08 cdn.

Last edited by Rudi (4/22/2024 4:10 PM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/22/2024 5:51 PM  #12

Quicksilver wrote:

Went up $.40 since last week to $5.36 Now I have a t shirt that says it all

Jumped a DIME to $5.46 in a days time.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

4/22/2024 8:19 PM  #13

everything else will go up now.

4/23/2024 5:59 AM  #14

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

everything else will go up now.

Possibly.  That will depend on whether or not Diesel remains constant or goes up.  Heating oil demand has flatlined at this point, so they have a bunch of #2 they can throw red dye in and sell as on-road Diesel.  That's probably keeping the price down for now.  Once that supply glut is used up though all bets are off.  If Diesel goes up, EVERYTHING goes up.  The world runs on Diesel.  I'd gladly pay $6. gallon for gas if Diesel were $2/gallon. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.