FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2024 5:46 PM  #1

help please

My nabior inheated a 72 cont from his grandfather who bought it and then never drove it,  and now he wants to sell it.  Looking to get some ideas on price.
72 Black/ white top and white interior, 13K orignal miles, yes and it is that clean, 351, known problems are turn signals dont work, 1" tear in top on side panel. This car is very clean never wrecked. And is a rust free car lived its life in a garage. 
Any help would be apprecitable.
Chris

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/21/2024 8:37 PM  #2

Re: help please

Is this a Lincoln Continental or a Mustang convertible?

Spelling goes a long way…

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/22/2024 6:19 AM  #3

Can't be a Lincoln Continental.  They only used the 460 engine in the 72 Continentals. 

Hemmings and Hagerty both have value calculators.  Alternatively, you can find a local certified classic car appraiser.  A quick search shows several possibilities.

Last edited by John Ha (4/22/2024 6:22 AM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

4/22/2024 8:28 AM  #4

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

4/22/2024 2:06 PM  #5

Does it run and/or drive, etc, etc.
Price it high, you can always come down.  

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/23/2024 5:55 AM  #6

To get your best price you are going to need national exposure.  An auction, eBay, etc. is going to be your best bet.  Fees will eat into the eventual price some, but you have to balance that with the higher price its likely to bring. 

As far as price I would look at all the options, color, etc.  You're going to have to temper everything with the fact that the '71-'73 body style is nowhere near as popular as the earlier cars, but this also creates a secondary market for guys who may be priced out of the '65-'70 market.  I think it being a drop top also helps.  351 doesn't hurt either.  An appraised value isn't a terrible idea, but that's more geared towards replacement cost for insurance.  In the end, as all things, its worth what someone's willing to pay for it. 

4/23/2024 11:22 AM  #7

Thanks and sorry for not spelling it out more. It is a mustang convertable and it does runwell. I think he will start at 25K as it has the couple little flaws no turn signels and the little tear in the top. the 13K miles are ligit too. I mite list it for him on Ebay or craigs list. 

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

4/24/2024 5:58 AM  #8

Craigslist may do better in certain locales.  Around here it gets very little traffic.  Most people have transitioned to Facebook Marketplace.  eBay still garners a national audience, just be aware of the fees. 

4/24/2024 6:57 AM  #9

As TKO indicated, people around here have said to avoid Craigslist and eBay.  Seems Facebook Marketplace gets a lot of positive reviews.
To get an idea of pricing, check out these two sites.
https://bringatrailer.com/
https://www.classicautomall.com/

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.