FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2024 12:42 PM  #1

Ammeter to Voltmeter Install

I completed the Rocketman Ammeter to Voltage gauge conversion.  I also installed quick disconnectors for the dash wiring to make removing the dash panel in the future less frustrating ... which I'm not planning to do!

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/25/2024 1:02 PM  #2

Re: Ammeter to Voltmeter Install

Mine should be here in a few days, too.
Looks like the font is a little thicker than the other gauges.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/26/2024 5:30 AM  #3

MS wrote:

Mine should be here in a few days, too.
Looks like the font is a little thicker than the other gauges.

That's for Old Guys Eyes  Looks really good.

4/26/2024 7:20 AM  #4

Yes, the font is a little thicker then the OEM Ammeter.  Here is a comparison of the two.  

4/26/2024 8:52 PM  #5

I just saw on his website that his parent died and he had to go take care of family business. That was one day before my gauge was to be shipped.
Oh, well.  Good thing I am not in a rush. Sure can’t hold that against him.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/27/2024 7:21 PM  #6

That turned out nice Bob.

I like it.

Last edited by Nos681 (4/27/2024 7:22 PM)

4/27/2024 8:05 PM  #7

Looks like they do a really nice job.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/27/2024 8:33 PM  #8

BobE wrote:

Yes, the font is a little thicker then the OEM Ammeter.  Here is a comparison of the two.  

Wonder why he does not do the same font?

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

4/28/2024 6:56 AM  #9

Hmmm... I looked at the font on the whiteface overlay I have waiting for my conversion.   It doesn't look like that.  It seems to match the original much more closely.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

4/28/2024 8:03 AM  #10

I would have preferred the font to match 'perfectly' but am OK as-is.  It does take a sharp eye that Mustang enthusiasts will focus on, and that's OK with me also.  There are many other 'anomalies' that can be pointed out on my car.
I do believe previously, the font was much closer to the original.  

4/30/2024 2:04 AM  #11

I'm disappointed that the 69/70 doesn't have new graphics and you are supposed to remember what value the lines represent. Like that is going to happen! I think I'll contact D&M Retortions and see if they have solutions that won't break the bank.

4/30/2024 6:12 AM  #12

Mach1Driver wrote:

I'm disappointed that the 69/70 doesn't have new graphics and you are supposed to remember what value the lines represent. Like that is going to happen! I think I'll contact D&M Retortions and see if they have solutions that won't break the bank.

As can be seen in the picture of my dash, I have a digital voltmeter that plugs into the cigarette lighter (from Amazon, for less than $10).  I also mounted an LED (thank you BB) that can be seen to the lower left of the voltmeter that will indicate immediately if the system isn’t charging.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.