FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2017 7:02 AM  #1

Hi guys.  Recent new member but I have been lurking for years.  I had a 65 fastback for 13 years but life and 3 kids forced it to go.  I have recently gotten back into the Mustang game to show my 8 and 13 year old boys how to work on cars.  Wanted something cheaper, lots of parts available, and road worthy from the jump.  I know this sight is for classics but, ended up with an 1982 GT.  It was the car I dreamed of in school as a 15 year old waiting for his license.

I know its not the traditional classic mustang but heck - it is 35 years old.

Have had a great summer replacing headliner, door hinges, shocks, brakes, tune up etc...  Have loved the time with my boys and especially my 8 year old who is completely bit by the car bug. 

I probably wont post much.  You guys will forget more than I ever know but will keep reading the sight. A lot of the knowledge shared is not dependent on the year mustang.

Anyway - thanks for having me.

Phil

8/29/2017 6:05 AM  #2

Re: New member

Welcome to the forum Phil

8/29/2017 11:07 AM  #3

Welcome to the forum.  Someone on the forum, a couple of years ago, reminded me that Fox Mustangs were quite old and many forum members have them.  Be sure to post the story as you progress.  While I still refuse to call them classics, Fox Mustangs are a very valuable part of the Mustang history, and will probably be called classics someday.  Until then, they are just plain fun!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/30/2017 5:03 AM  #4

Thanks guys.  It is a driver and I have no intentions restoring.  My boys will drive it when their old enough.

​After spending Sunday morning replacing struts and doing brakes, I told my 8 year old we would go for donuts as a reward.  He was in for a surprise when I drove to my work's big open parking lot on a Sunday and did a bunch of donuts.  LOL.  He loved it. 

9/01/2017 8:45 AM  #5

senzstang wrote:

Thanks guys.  It is a driver and I have no intentions restoring.  My boys will drive it when their old enough.

​After spending Sunday morning replacing struts and doing brakes, I told my 8 year old we would go for donuts as a reward.  He was in for a surprise when I drove to my work's big open parking lot on a Sunday and did a bunch of donuts.  LOL.  He loved it. 

I love that! My boys are men now but when they were small I would take them out in the country and do tire squealing turns in my '76 Monte Carlo. They called them " Duke Boys Turns". Good times. My oldest now drive a hot rodded 04 GT.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/05/2017 7:01 PM  #6

Nice ride Phil. I like the 4-eyed Mustangs, had an 85 that I sold when it wouldn't hold 3 car seats. Sounds familiar? 
Black with T-tops and a 5 speed. Fun little car. Bought mine used in 89 with 90k miles after some friends traded it in. It had less than 10k miles on a rebuilt motor when I got it. Drive it 7 years and another 120k hard miles before I sold it. That's the car I wish I still had!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.