FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2017 7:19 PM  #1

Loose driver side door window

I have a 65 coupe my driver side door window rolls up and down fine but has a lot of play in the window up-and-down I can grab the top of the window and raise it up and down over an inch I took the door panel off and everything seem to be OK except for the metal bracket that’s connected to the bottom of the window that goes into the channel  from the Vent window in the front there seems to be a lot of play inside the channel with the bracket is that normal or what could be causing the slop in the window could it be the regulator
http://oi63.tinypic.com/11kuip2.jpg

Last edited by mark1965 (11/19/2017 7:24 PM)

12/02/2017 5:22 AM  #2

Re: Loose driver side door window

Hi, i also have freeplay , and i think is related with scissors and plastic bushings .
i have replace window regulator and bushings but still have window wrong move .
Remain only scissors and time to set up right .
Hope it helps

12/04/2017 10:00 PM  #3

The window vertical guides do wear out.  They can be rebuilt.  The original regulators were junk the day they were installed at the factory.  In my opinion, the only real fix for a bad regulator is an electric window kit from A1Electric. The electric regulators will hold the window at top travel in a very positive way.  Stock regulators just won’t do the job.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/05/2017 7:20 AM  #4

X2 ^^^
   I love my A1's, I have them on the quarter windows as well.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

1/06/2018 11:55 AM  #5

Today , going on with rebuilding i set up the whole door with all window in it .
Also with new scissor and related new parts , the move is simply orrible .
Is not going to close all way up
If i force the lever go up a little , but is pushing out too much the door
Is very clear that i am forcing the way is not made for .
I think MS is right , they are junk also as new.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.