FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2018 4:39 PM  #1

First post

Let me begin by saying " This is the best Mustang website on the planet"
I have a long history with Mustangs,  44 years to be exact. Got our first 66 in
1974 Dad bought a T code coupe with a parts car for $150.00. Many Mustangs
later I am re doing the 66 convert that Dad bought for Mom in 1976.
Great to be bringing this car back to life.

Thanks for a great website

Charlie

1/14/2018 5:34 PM  #2

Re: First post

Welcome cman66, great group of people here that care about getting our machines on the road and back to being enjoyed. I have gathered tons of inspiration and knowledge from the group. My wife and I look forward to every year traveling with them to some destination with or without our cars. The Bash this year is only a days drive to meet everyone face to face and enjoy some great cars. 

1/14/2018 6:43 PM  #3

Welcome to FYIFORD. Hope to meet you someday.
Be sure to start a thread on the SHOW YOU CAR part of the forum to document your progress.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/14/2018 6:54 PM  #4

Welcome to the best place on the web, Charlie.  I think you'll find answers if you have questions and I know you'll find friends.  Make it to a bash if you can and you'll meet the best group of folks you've ever seen.

Good luck on your project.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/14/2018 7:53 PM  #5

Welcome!

1/14/2018 7:55 PM  #6

Thanks Gents for the welcome.
I've been lurking on the site for about a month
just to see how people reacted to each other.
This is a respectful and civil site.
I'll start a thread to show some of the work on the vert .
thanks again 
cman66

1/14/2018 7:57 PM  #7

Welcome Charlie!!

1/14/2018 8:38 PM  #8

Welcome cman! Everything you need to know to bring you 66 back to life you will find right here.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

1/14/2018 9:59 PM  #9

Ditto on the welcomes Charlie.
Great idea bout the lurking ... I'm sure you've realised there aint no trouble makers here .... well cept for Bash time, gotta watch some of those Texans. 
Seriously consider getting yourself there, with or without a stang .... heck, I come from Oz whenever I can.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

1/14/2018 10:05 PM  #10

Welcome Charlie. Heck, if they'll accept me they'll accept pert near anyone. At least I think they accepted me. Hmm...

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

1/19/2018 2:57 AM  #11

Look forward to meeting you at the Bash.  Also look forward to pics of your car.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

1/19/2018 6:25 PM  #12

Welcome Charlie!
We have a big time on here.........great bunch of fellas.
Hope you CAN come to the next bash...............I'd love to hear how you pronounce the name of the town you're from.
(La. is right up there with Ala. with strange sounding names of towns!!)
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/19/2018 6:33 PM  #13

Dat be Poncha---Toola, Mike.  We have lots of Poncha's here in CO but none have any Toola's attached.

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/19/2018 7:28 PM  #14

Welcome to the site Charlie.

Lottsa good folks around here with helpful knowledge, even with the cars too.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/19/2018 8:26 PM  #15

6sally6
I was told long ago that Ponchatoula is from the Choctaw Indians it refers to the spanish moss that hung on Live Oaks in the area, Translated to English it means hanging hair. Town name fits well with other names in our area. 
Tangipahoa is the Parish we live in. ( County for the rest of you in 49 other states)
Tchefuncte a local river in our area.
Tchoupitoulas a Street name from New Orleans just a 1 hour ride from here.
Hope that clears things up or maybe just confuses y'all.
We love it here Ponchy is a bueatiful little town.
Hoping to see y'all at the BASH.
Cman66

1/20/2018 10:46 AM  #16

Welcome to the site ! 

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

1/22/2018 12:47 AM  #17

Welcome Charlie I love Ponchatoula the Strawberry Festival is one of my favorites. I am from New Orleans so I know Tchoupitoulas St very well and Tangipahoa Parish and all the Red Stick(Baton Rouge) and Mississippi (Great River) talk.  You My friend have found the greatest Group of guys you will ever meet. And I am with RPM I think they have accepted me LOL!!!!! 1 BASH AND I WAS HOOKED again welcome Aboard.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.