FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2020 7:39 AM  #1

Inlet vs Outlet Heater Hoses

On a 1965-66 Mustang, which hose going through the firewall is the inlet and which is the outlet?

thank you

5/29/2020 7:50 AM  #2

Re: Inlet vs Outlet Heater Hoses

The lower one goes to the intake, the upper to the water pump if staggered vertically.  The inner one goes to the intake, the outer to the water pump if in a straight line. 

5/29/2020 9:27 AM  #3

I know how they are connected, i was trying to figure out which one is the inlet vs the outlet to see where the little yellow flow restrictor plug goes into.  The plug goes into the inlet, but is that the higher or lower hose?

5/29/2020 9:29 AM  #4

NM, found a diagram.  The lower one is the inlet.

5/29/2020 11:54 AM  #5

Yes, lower is inlet.  Pressure on the lower purges the air out the upper....

5/29/2020 12:10 PM  #6

tommy2x4 wrote:

I am looking for a source for interior paint for my 1964 Falcon. The Ford paint code for the matte or satin paint is 1578 and DuPont # 9094-LH Medium Blue Metallic. 
Can anyone provide a good source for this paint code? It is very similar to the 1965-66 Mustang interior color, which would be acceptable.
All responses will be appreciated.

Tommy, you'll probably get better responses if you start a new thread/subject.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

5/30/2020 7:42 AM  #7

Darn it. I thought I had. Sorry.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.