FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2020 8:33 AM  #1

Bash 2021.

Anna wants to start making plans. I am a guy so I usually wait until the last minute buttttttt. Here we are with Wuhan Kung Fu Covid 28 disease mask up mask down, separate at least 21 feet don't talk to strangers make sure you wear a jacket. This lockdown is only going to happen for 2 weeks back in March, then four months later........ We are all in this together..... except you over there.... yeah you. 

Whew. 

Bash Dates. We really want to look at late May, temps are still not stupid levels of hot humid, except for you people way up North. September was the second voted month. Just coming out of summer here in North Texas can mean still a lot of heat. 

Here is what I am thinking. 
Plan A is going to be late May. If this virus stupidity is still shutting everything down we can pivot to Pan B and change the dates to September. 

Now for you people who have served as Bash hosts. When you go into the hotels to request rooms, what number of rooms do you tell them to set aside?

We have some decent sized parks in Rockwall City, but Anna and I don't live inside City limits so we can't reserve the pavilion. But I have friends that do live there and I was going to see if I can reserve through them. 

I kind of think that once Orange Man and Dementia Man duke it out in November this issue could very well go away. But then again we were only supposed to lock down for 2 weeks back in March. 

7/26/2020 9:01 AM  #2

Re: Bash 2021.

WELL  ??  Another thought is all go to a drive in theater and have a Mustang Bash, park and stay in cars.  Mustang Steve can be on the Big Screen doing entertainment.   Then all swamp / take over a Sonic for stay in car / show and food.  The local Walmart lets truckers sleep in the parking lot,,,, so why not Mustangs ???  All park in a big circle (think stage coaches)  to keep the Indians from attacking  (it is Texas).                                         

7/26/2020 9:20 AM  #3

Ed,

The Holiday Inn here set aside a 15  room block initially and added to that as the block was filled.  There was a cut-off for the block reservation but I don't recall how far out that was.

I'd go talk to the hotel management personally to see what they will offer.  That's what Jean and I did.  That gives you a chance to check out the parking, rooms, lobby/bar area, any other gathering areas, alcohol rules, etc.  

Good luck, if it can happen I know it's gonna be a great one.  Hell, I might even have the Heap running again by then.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/26/2020 9:21 AM  #4

Ed, I am with whatever date you guys decide on.  But I don’t want people traveling if the virus is still attacking.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/26/2020 2:28 PM  #5

Our hotel set aside 10 room blocks as reservations came in.  I agree with BB1, it pays to go talk to the management in person and check things out.  We're good with either date.  The planning stage is also a good time to go and check out some local restaurants menus and seating.
Looking forward to coming.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

7/26/2020 3:20 PM  #6

USCanada borders are closed and I suspect will be for many months into the future, even some inter province travel here requires 14 day quarantine.
We have always travelled extensively in the US more so than here in Canada. I really miss “going over the river”
Those Wuhanians sure mucked up the whole world

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/26/2020 4:00 PM  #7

Sadly, I don't think we'll be able to make it, and probably not 2022 either. It's gunna take a while to recover from a year with no income. 
It's the only thing made in China that lasts longer than 6 months.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

7/27/2020 7:44 AM  #8

Since I'm "local" I'm good with whatever you decide Ed.  It's just an hour and a half or so from where I live to your neck of the woods.

Owner of MustangSteve - 1967 Mustang Coupe 302, 2005 Mustang GT

7/27/2020 11:25 AM  #9

Ed, since I'm just ~1,500 miles from your neck of the woods, I'm good for any date you pick.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

7/27/2020 11:29 AM  #10

mustangermike wrote:

Since I'm "local" I'm good with whatever you decide Ed.  It's just an hour and a half or so from where I live to your neck of the woods.

Yeah, We're going to have to drive around 635 and 820 a couple of time to make it feel like a road trip.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

7/27/2020 2:07 PM  #11

I would love to see it in May.  When I hosted it in 2011 the Holiday Inn Express started with 15 rooms and then expanded it when those were filled.  My bash was the first bash where most of the significant others came too and the 15 rooms were filled fairly quickly.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

7/27/2020 2:57 PM  #12

50vert wrote:

Sadly, I don't think we'll be able to make it, and probably not 2022 either. It's gunna take a while to recover from a year with no income. 
It's the only thing made in China that lasts longer than 6 months.

Sorry to hear that!  Hope things turn around for you!  Steve69

7/27/2020 5:29 PM  #13

HudginJ3 wrote:

mustangermike wrote:

Yeah, We're going to have to drive around 635 and 820 a couple of time to make it feel like a road trip.

Well ? The OLD EMBERGLO Girl suggested we drive down to WACO and meet up with the southern folks.  I had to sit down and rest a spell,, I couldn't believe that came out of her ???  Wanting to actually ride more in the mustang ??  Who is this person ???      

Last edited by Don (7/27/2020 7:48 PM)

7/27/2020 6:46 PM  #14

I'm with Daze. May is a good time for me too. September in Texas would be a bit warm for us from the cold north. BUTT - if September is it, then I'll have to wear my shorts, and you all DON'T want to see my white legs!

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

7/27/2020 6:53 PM  #15

Ron68 wrote:

I'm with Daze. May is a good time for me too. September in Texas would be a bit warm for us from the cold north. BUTT - if September is it, then I'll have to wear my shorts, and you all DON'T want to see my white legs!

They might just be rusty!!!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/28/2020 2:21 PM  #16

OK I will be done with the garage so May is fine with us for our first BASH

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

7/28/2020 3:30 PM  #17

I prefer May , just cause its been so long.

7/29/2020 4:59 PM  #18

ED, Although Id like it to be in September, Lisa said she can go the next year!!  she has only been able to attend 4 out of the 10 I attended because of her work schedule but after may of 21!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2020 8:27 PM  #19

Soooo May 29th Terry works for her?

8/01/2020 12:12 AM  #20

I AM READY TO GO TO  ANOTHER BASH.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/02/2020 2:25 PM  #21

Ed,
Any time works for us. It has been way to long since the last bash.

Gary

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

8/02/2020 4:44 PM  #22

Mini Bash...

Mini Bash...

Mini Bash...

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/02/2020 6:34 PM  #23

MAY!!!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/05/2020 2:58 PM  #24

Bearing Bob wrote:

Mini Bash...

Mini Bash...

Mini Bash...

Mini bash yeah, May for the maxi bash sounds good too 👏

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

8/05/2020 7:43 PM  #25

Can’t wait for a mini, but too many concerns about dying from this stupid virus right now.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.