FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/27/2023 9:31 PM  #76

Re: SHOPPING FOR SOME NEW RIMS

Enkei

Still haven’t figured out the model.
Curb rash specials…all 4 them.

3/28/2023 6:50 AM  #77

I don't have a good full side profile shot of my car, but here it is with 225/45/17s on front with 4.5" back space.

3/28/2023 5:43 PM  #78

Chaplin wrote:

I don't have a good full side profile shot of my car, but here it is with 225/45/17s on front with 4.5" back space.

How wide are they?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

3/28/2023 8:23 PM  #79

Fronts are 17x7.

3/28/2023 8:39 PM  #80

Chaplin wrote:

Fronts are 17x7.

17x7 front what are rears ...what wheels are those? same tires front and rear? Those look really good.

3/29/2023 6:04 AM  #81

Thanks!  Rears are 17x8 with a 5" backspace and a 245/45/17. I pie cut the inner rear wheel well and did the "poor man's mini tub", so I could fit a larger back tire. I still have room to spare and could step up to at least a 255 and next time could probably go to a 5.25" backspace.  The wheels are Budniks...if my memory is right, the style is called Tungsten.

3/29/2023 7:24 PM  #82

Chaplin wrote:

Thanks! Rears are 17x8 with a 5" backspace and a 245/45/17. I pie cut the inner rear wheel well and did the "poor man's mini tub", so I could fit a larger back tire. I still have room to spare and could step up to at least a 255 and next time could probably go to a 5.25" backspace. The wheels are Budniks...if my memory is right, the style is called Tungsten.

Have you tried the 17x7 with 4.5 on rear? I know they would fit just wondered how the fit/looked.

3/29/2023 9:02 PM  #83

I have never tried putting the 17x7s on the rear. Next time I have it on the lift, I will swap the wheels and take a pic.

3/30/2023 6:23 PM  #84

Chaplin wrote:

I have never tried putting the 17x7s on the rear. Next time I have it on the lift, I will swap the wheels and take a pic.

jjust curious....I dont guess i will mini tubb it...would like it though

3/31/2023 6:32 AM  #85

The 17x 7 with 4.5 should fit the rear with an extra 1/2 inch of clearance on the inside and outside.    An 8 inch wide rim with 5 inch BS leaves 3 inches from the axle flange outward.  A 7 inch wide rim with 4.5 BS would have 2.5 from the axle flange out.    This is also assuming that the leaf springs are in the stock location with the 17x8 with 5” BS.

4/01/2023 2:25 PM  #86

This is my spare tire…thank you downtown San Antonio (2021 Bash trip).

18x8” 5” backspacing (overall) with same Pirelli 235/40/18’s
Leaf springs in stock location from factory.

Minor percussion engineering on inner wheel wells.
Stock factory inner wheel wells.

Minor fender rolling with kid’s Louisville slugger (fenders).
The quarter “alignment tabs” were my biggest concern in the rear.
Full rolling not needed in my case.
Not pinched flat at all.

Last edited by Nos681 (4/01/2023 2:29 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.