FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2020 5:56 PM  #1

MS.......what was the dimensions of your new garage....again?!

Just the bay parts.......not the game room portion.
Thanx
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/11/2020 6:31 PM  #2

Re: MS.......what was the dimensions of your new garage....again?!

Oh, oh Sal is getting ideas!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/11/2020 7:12 PM  #3

9/11/2020 7:13 PM  #4

Here is Steve's post with his plan Sal.
https://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=10773
Decide on a size ... double it ... then find out it's too small.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/11/2020 8:10 PM  #5

Garage is 26 wide x 30 deep with 12’ ceiling.  18’ wide door centered in the 26’ wall.  If you make the garage 34’ instead of 30’ you can get two Mustangs end to end on each side. That is why I purposefully made it too short for two cars.  I did not want to get tempted to bring home another project and have it stored in there.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/12/2020 7:02 AM  #6

Ooooooo a glass garage door.  I've always thought those were classy. 

Owner of MustangSteve - 1967 Mustang Coupe 302, 2005 Mustang GT

9/12/2020 4:16 PM  #7

MSteve has PLENTY of garage space. Take the 3-car in the Main house and add the second larger ‘boat storage and whatever projects’ area, and you get some garage-like ‘man-space’ about the size of a football field. 

9/12/2020 5:01 PM  #8

C’mon Sal the suspense is overwhelming, what are you doing?

9/13/2020 4:37 PM  #9

Trying to develop plans for a 2 car DETACHED garage.  Big enough for a lift on one side and the other side for work bench....tool chest...welding machine... my wood working projects.......TV chair/man cave stuff like that. Deep  enough to walk around car with garage door closed.
Gonna have an attached 2 car garage for Ms. 6s6 car and lawn equip. and stuff.
Planning stage stuff.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/13/2020 9:41 PM  #10

Something like this but BIGGER is what I would suggest for the cave.

Especially by the time you have parts, tools, engine stand, cherry picker, both engines and transmissions out at same time and then pull out the interior while your at it.

At least you won’t have 4 to 5 feet of snow outside your doors for six months at a time.
Let’s not forget to shovel the roof off too.
Have fun!😁

Last edited by Nos681 (9/13/2020 9:50 PM)

9/14/2020 4:12 PM  #11

Nos681 wrote:

Something like this but BIGGER is what I would suggest for the cave.

Especially by the time you have parts, tools, engine stand, cherry picker, both engines and transmissions out at same time and then pull out the interior while your at it.

At least you won’t have 4 to 5 feet of snow outside your doors for six months at a time.
Let’s not forget to shovel the roof off too.
Have fun!😁

Soooooooo  Lt. Dan......how big is yourz?
6s6

9/14/2020 4:52 PM  #12

After a few years none are big enough, if you are like me who hates to throw anything away,
I still have the first Model airplane magazine I bought back in the early 50’s and subsequent issues.

Last edited by Rudi (9/14/2020 5:19 PM)

9/15/2020 8:28 AM  #13

I would build the garage first making sure it’s big enough for everything you mentioned then if there’s any money left you could maybe build a house. 

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/15/2020 9:05 PM  #14

How about this...but bigger!😎
Then you could turn your LED lights off.😁

I’ll get ya some measurements tomorrow.

Last edited by Nos681 (9/15/2020 9:07 PM)

9/16/2020 8:43 AM  #15

BillyC wrote:

I would build the garage first making sure it’s big enough for everything you mentioned then if there’s any money left you could maybe build a house. 

I'll delete this post (of course!)............YOU don't want Ms. 6S6 to see it by accident!! (me neither!)
6s6

9/16/2020 10:23 AM  #16

Nos681 wrote:

How about this...but bigger!😎
Then you could turn your LED lights off.😁

I’ll get ya some measurements tomorrow.

I like it...LOL    I been debating on building a shed to get some of my stuff out of the garage so I have more space. Been looking at 10x40 conex boxes.  There around $2500 for a used one.   I figure I should be able to get my trailer, mower and ATV along with other items to make more room. 

9/16/2020 4:06 PM  #17

Like SteveG did.  Two 40’ containers, parallel and 20’ or so apart, then prefab trusses across the top. Or something to that effect.

9/16/2020 4:23 PM  #18

6sally6 wrote:

BillyC wrote:

I'll delete this post (of course!)............YOU don't want Ms. 6S6 to see it by accident!! (me neither!)
6s6

I wouldn’t have posted it if I thought Mrs. BillyC would see it. We have a difference of opinion of what the perfect house is. Mine is large garage with couch, toilet and tv. Hers is something much different.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

9/16/2020 9:21 PM  #19

Go 20% bigger than you think you need and then increase it another 50% and you still wish you had gone bigger.

Mine was supposed to be 30x40, but had to shrink it to 28 deep x 38 wide to deal with zoning issues and I really miss those 2' in either direction. By the time you add tool boxes, work benches, welders, hydraulic presses, shelving, racks for random stuff,  extra engines, blocks, transmissions, axles, a few motorcycles and other stuff you have on hand, not to mention 3 or 4 cars, there isn't much real estate left.

Last edited by Chaplin (9/16/2020 9:22 PM)

9/17/2020 10:13 AM  #20

MS wrote:

Like SteveG did. Two 40’ containers, parallel and 20’ or so apart, then prefab trusses across the top. Or something to that effect.

Did he post any pics of that?

9/17/2020 1:05 PM  #21

Steve69 wrote:

MS wrote:

Like SteveG did. Two 40’ containers, parallel and 20’ or so apart, then prefab trusses across the top. Or something to that effect.

You had to go to the Glen Rose, TX  Bash to see it.  Maybe someone has pics?

9/17/2020 1:28 PM  #22

MS wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

MS wrote:

Something that size should show up on google earth, any chances of co-ordinates or general area to peruse?
One of my pastimes is checking out where you guys live on goog earth. Some places like MS shop is too new to display although I have found his  gated community .
“I Spy” So to speak!
If you want to check out my place I’m at;
Lat, 43.00951
Lon, - 79.272438

9/17/2020 3:10 PM  #23

Rudi wrote:

MS wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

Something that size should show up on google earth, any chances of co-ordinates or general area to peruse?
One of my pastimes is checking out where you guys live on goog earth. Some places like MS shop is too new to display although I have found his  gated community .
“I Spy” So to speak!
If you want to check out my place I’m at;
Lat, 43.00951
Lon, - 79.272438

Wait...what?!!.........I thought y'all were  in Garden City @ the Roach Hotel..
Never mind...........a little "in side joke"!!
6s6

9/17/2020 5:55 PM  #24

Chaplin wrote:

Go 20% bigger than you think you need and then increase it another 50% and you still wish you had gone bigger.

Mine was supposed to be 30x40, but had to shrink it to 28 deep x 38 wide to deal with zoning issues and I really miss those 2' in either direction. By the time you add tool boxes, work benches, welders, hydraulic presses, shelving, racks for random stuff,  extra engines, blocks, transmissions, axles, a few motorcycles and other stuff you have on hand, not to mention 3 or 4 cars, there isn't much real estate left.

You must have it stacked in there like cord wood...four layers tall.😁

9/17/2020 7:11 PM  #25

Pretty close.

I need to get rid of some stuff.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.