FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2013 1:43 PM  #51

Re: New forum lack of replies

Every proper forum on the internet is in this format. I think it just takes time for people to get used to it. I admittedly was not on the original fyi ford forum for very long, but coming from being on many other forums that use a similar format to the new format, I absolutely hated the old format. It was very hard to search and find information easily and hard to tell exactly who was talking to who. The quote feature on the VB style forums is great. So give it time everyone, I know you will eventually like it better and the tech will come

forum activity is definitely cyclical as well as has been mentioned.

Last edited by midnite (8/15/2013 1:51 PM)

8/15/2013 6:03 PM  #52

I find this an interesting topic. I have found this site one of the best and a godsend for the many highly technical questions and problems I have encountered over the years.  Everyone has been fantastic. I don't even own a mustang anymore.. .it was stolen in California in '96.  However, I have a 67 cougar, which is the mustangs refined cousin. Many people have have sent me stuff when I needed help, such as markinsc. I never met him, but tried when he lived in NJ and I  in pa. I feel part of the problem is the nature of the hobby, as I have seen several mustang and cougar boards/lists go the way of the dodo bird. The are many factors for this, some of it is lack of response, the overloading of sharks trolling boards to sell used parts, sometimes it is eliteism of the members who have 100 point cars,etc. I don't see that on this board and have always felt welcome for 10 years. I have posted answers to share experiences, things to avoid, tips, and asked dumb questions when my memory fails me. My car is far from done, will never be in a magazine, highly modified to my liking, and I plan to thoroughly enjoy it when done, and one pass it on to my young son. I am glad to be part of this board and am grateful to have Steve and everyone as a font of wisdom and as a sounding board for my cooky ideas. Thank you!!!!!!   I also see a decline in car stuff due to the economy, as many people have had to sell their cars, or shelve projects until they have time or money. Now that our cars have become  a collectors item, many cars have been sold to collectors, who don't need this board, as they take the car to a shop and cut a check.  However, we must persevere. This is a great place and I hope I have the opportunity to meet some of you in the future.  Mike aka cougrnut

8/15/2013 7:53 PM  #53

cougrnut wrote:

I find this an interesting topic. I have found this site one of the best and a godsend for the many highly technical questions and problems I have encountered over the years. Everyone has been fantastic. I don't even own a mustang anymore.. .it was stolen in California in '96. However, I have a 67 cougar, which is the mustangs refined cousin. Many people have have sent me stuff when I needed help, such as markinsc. I never met him, but tried when he lived in NJ and I in pa. I feel part of the problem is the nature of the hobby, as I have seen several mustang and cougar boards/lists go the way of the dodo bird. The are many factors for this, some of it is lack of response, the overloading of sharks trolling boards to sell used parts, sometimes it is eliteism of the members who have 100 point cars,etc. I don't see that on this board and have always felt welcome for 10 years. I have posted answers to share experiences, things to avoid, tips, and asked dumb questions when my memory fails me. My car is far from done, will never be in a magazine, highly modified to my liking, and I plan to thoroughly enjoy it when done, and one pass it on to my young son. I am glad to be part of this board and am grateful to have Steve and everyone as a font of wisdom and as a sounding board for my cooky ideas. Thank you!!!!!! I also see a decline in car stuff due to the economy, as many people have had to sell their cars, or shelve projects until they have time or money. Now that our cars have become a collectors item, many cars have been sold to collectors, who don't need this board, as they take the car to a shop and cut a check. However, we must persevere. This is a great place and I hope I have the opportunity to meet some of you in the future. Mike aka cougrnut

Mike, I regret not meeting up with you when I lived in NJ.   But you bring up a good point called Paying It Forward.  When i first got on this forum, I got parts from GREGB and DAZE for free and they never met me before either.  I got a smog pump from BulletBob and my convertible top pump from MS.  TWEET66 who I met in NJ and welded my convertible door for me.  I'm sure there's others who gave me stuff too and i'm just brain damaged at the moment to remember.  I also remember MR TIM calling me from TEXAS and helping me with my heater blower motor.  Even when I was a newbie ,  I never felt like an outsider.

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

8/16/2013 7:42 AM  #54

Gemdiam wrote:

Hey guys,

I have followed this forum for years...contributed when I felt appropriate...it seems
From my observations that there is very little contributions anymore! If you are part
Of the core group sure...numerous replies....however frankly I'm gonna move to
Another as I rarely get a reply.....not real complicated questions either..
I have 25 years in the hobby and recently am building cars for people....I'm a jeweler
But am building cars for disposable income.....building a 67 mustang gta 390 coupe and
68 camaro convert 396 for people....no offense to forum members but look at questions
And the replies.....I feel this forum has run it's course.

Well we are now 52 replys and over 1200 views  The people are still here:  

I only mis from the old forum was being able to title my responces with a brain teaser that had double ontaunt ,, made peoples brain think sexual charged butt was "exactly" mustang related,,  it's all in the brain    

8/16/2013 5:09 PM  #55

Don wrote:

Gemdiam wrote:

Hey guys,

I have followed this forum for years...contributed when I felt appropriate...it seems
From my observations that there is very little contributions anymore! If you are part
Of the core group sure...numerous replies....however frankly I'm gonna move to
Another as I rarely get a reply.....not real complicated questions either..
I have 25 years in the hobby and recently am building cars for people....I'm a jeweler
But am building cars for disposable income.....building a 67 mustang gta 390 coupe and
68 camaro convert 396 for people....no offense to forum members but look at questions
And the replies.....I feel this forum has run it's course.

Well we are now 52 replys and over 1200 views  The people are still here:  

I only mis from the old forum was being able to title my responces with a brain teaser that had double ontaunt ,, made peoples brain think sexual charged butt was "exactly" mustang related,,  it's all in the brain    

Yeah, well... we consider this a way to keep you from doing exactly that.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/19/2013 9:10 PM  #56

make that 53 replies Don......sorry, been off the grid last couple weeks.............

8/21/2013 5:33 PM  #57

I know this post has been up for a while and I have been following it, thinking about it and formulating a reply.  I found this forum in 2000 (I think, gray matter is getting old)  and in the last 13 years the forum has changed a lot!!  but so have its members.  When I first joined I was not only new to the forum but new to the classic Mustang. I had little experience, tons of questions and a lot of work to do.  I have gone from that uneducated mustang enthusiast to someone who owns a classic Mustang related business and who provides classic Mustang tech to people vial email everyday.  Much of my education was due to this site.  My point is that I as an individual have grown, become more than what I was because of this forum, and made some friends along the way.  

I believe the same is true of the forum.  This place is a living breathing entity with a personality, sense of humor and knowledge base all its own.  As time changes us (the members of the forum) the forum changes.  As was said above may of the people on this forum started with projects and now have "finished" cars.  That means when the people with finished cars are not helping others that still have projects they are now talking about driving the cars and sharing family experiences and connecting with friends.  That in and of it self changes this board from a tech forum to a family with tons of tech info and know how.

I believe the bash has added to the family feel.  We go we meet each other, have a great time, then spend the next 6 months talking about the bash and the 6 months after that getting geared up for the next one.  Are we a family? YES  Has it become a club? I think YES  Is everyone welcome to join the club?  YES  Do you need to attend a bash to be part of the club?  NO  And do we play favorites and only answer questions asked by the "in-group"  NO

This forum is something special.  It is different than it was 13 years ago,  it was different 5 years ago than it was 13 years ago or today and it will be different 1 year 5 years or even 10 years in the future.  Change is the product of time and growth.  A 40 year old does not think the same way he or she did when they were 20. Life experience has changed, they want different things, have different priorities, and have different strengths and weaknesses, and in the same way this forum will change as time passes, friendships grow and we as members change.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

8/21/2013 11:38 PM  #58

Well said, Day! And you get out  of it what you put into it. That is the way I feel.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

10/12/2013 8:17 PM  #59

There are still people like me that need help and because of this forum I had one of the greatest times with my car.I think that this forum is great. I really don't know what's going on but my first post was where do I start on the old forum.I dont really post much since I have been given my list of where to start because I have Been working.So with my update with punctuation and a little Cajun ebonics.I was told I was driving blind so I fixed all the gauges,brakes,front end,new gears,leaf springs.I missed the Tennessee trip by one week.I found Steve's Mustang parts near my house and that was great also.Those guys are real nice guys I spend some time on the old forum so I can be ready for the next bash it has a lot of info on it.I did make the Mustang Festival cruise and car show the weekend after the bash I drove it 700 miles round trip  nice test run down to Mustang Island it got 21 miles to the gallon 1993 5.0 liter stage 1 cam 373 and 5 speed trans in a 1965 mustang coupe I look forward to trying to make the next bash.I will look into how to post pictures and get some posted.I thank everyone for my first list you guys gave me I was given a  special award for the oldest mustang lol. I was just on the old forum about exhaust drone from now on I read before I buy them 40 series flows and x pipe was a little much after 2 hours but I like the way it sounds it's like joy and pain.I am sorry  for the long post.       Signed Le Bon Temps Rouler   let the good times roll

10/12/2013 8:26 PM  #60

great update Coupedaddy and sounds like you've got a solid running car.
BTW: are you running EFI or a carb?
BTW x2: where are you located?

10/12/2013 8:43 PM  #61

Great to hear of 700 mile trips in the old cars.  We've taken two trips of  well over 2K miles  each and, honestly, I'd rather drive the 66 than any late model.

Sounds like you have your's dialed in pretty well.  If it'll do 700 it'll do 7000.  Hope  we can meet you next year.  Just one Bash and you'll appreciate the forum even more.

Best to you Coupedaddy,

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

10/13/2013 6:41 AM  #62

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I live in Katy Tx just outside of Houston.Its  carbed for now until I get everything else done.When I first drove it I thought I bought a bucket of bolts.After finding this awesome forum with people that have a passion and knowledge for mustangs I found Steve's mustang Parts.Then I the old 65 coupe took off.After being told about my run on sentences and took the time to make my list.My question of where do I start was answerd and I was given a list .And it helped to get me started in a way that I never thought  I could fix it and enjoy driving it also. Steve and Glenn At Steve's mustang parts I have enjoyed not just because of the parts they have  great knowledge and conversation they also have  back roads to cruise on to pick up parts. Look for the next post what do I do know.My wife is said I should wait until I retire after the mustang cruise there is no way I can let it sit for 25 years lol. Thank you from Coupedaddy and family.

10/13/2013 11:01 AM  #63

coupe,  i live in the clear lake area right behind JSC.........

jkb

10/14/2013 10:42 AM  #64

Not such a long time member here however I am on the site daily, sniffing and snooping. My project is 9 years old now and almost ready for the road. I have needed help, directions and whatnots to help me thru some of my hair pulling build. I contribute when I can and post for help when I need it.
My most memorable post was with the project of wiring my car and trying to get it started. I even got a call from one of the members over a weekend to help trouble shoot the engine to get her started and a follow up call to make she was still running.
THATS WHAT THIS FORUM IS DESIGNED TO DO, HELP!
I laugh at some of the threads and see that this is a close knit community.
I hope to be at a BASH soon to meetz all of YOUZ GUYZ and share some of my stories.
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT.
Carry on Boyz, Carry on!
Bill Nicholson
Pfafftown, North Carolina

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.