FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/14/2021 5:45 AM  #51

Re: BILLY WALTON totaled his 66 coupe this morning

Why not use the roof structure anything else salvageable. Then get a one piece floor pan and start building from there if the wheel wells and package tray are saveable you have the vin go for if and rebuild her sorry for the momentary loss. Hooefully you're doing alright.

5/14/2021 11:01 AM  #52

Billy, I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm really glad that you weren't severely injured. Front end completely crumpled and it looks like you bent the steering wheel and column with your body! No wonder you're sore. Take it easy and get well soon.

5/14/2021 11:52 PM  #53

whlnut wrote:

Billy, I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm really glad that you weren't severely injured. Front end completely crumpled and it looks like you bent the steering wheel and column with your body! No wonder you're sore. Take it easy and get well soon.

I was in full uniform including Kevlar Vest probably saved a lot of pain.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/15/2021 10:13 AM  #54

Progressive Insurance,huh?!........Did you have   "Stated -value"..(you say how much its worth) or....just 66 Mustang KBB value?
Hope it was the stated value!!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/15/2021 12:12 PM  #55

I have 16 staples in my head and lots of swelling and bruising. hard to walk

5/15/2021 12:17 PM  #56

Milk-it-for-all-its-worth!!! Get a cane to help you walk.
Insurance companies are ruthless........two can play their game
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/15/2021 12:27 PM  #57

Wow! I saw where another board member offered some advice of making your way through this. I'd definitely take him up on that. Clearly the other person's fault, be sure you get taken care of for not only your car, but what has been done to you physically. I'm not a big fan of how quickly people take things to court nowadays, but THIS is different. You need to be properly taken care of after someone else's mistake has put you through so much pain and suffering.

5/15/2021 9:56 PM  #58

Raymond_B wrote:

Wow! I saw where another board member offered some advice of making your way through this. I'd definitely take him up on that. Clearly the other person's fault, be sure you get taken care of for not only your car, but what has been done to you physically. I'm not a big fan of how quickly people take things to court nowadays, but THIS is different. You need to be properly taken care of after someone else's mistake has put you through so much pain and suffering.

I am gonna talk with him after the Bash.

5/16/2021 3:44 PM  #59

WOW.  Sorry to hear you were involved in a crash with your mustang.  From the looks of the pictures it could have been much worse had the semi hit the drivers side door.  Best of luck to you

5/16/2021 5:13 PM  #60

Billy, Sorry for your misfortune, that really sucks. I hope you mend up well. When the dust settles, I hope
things work out in your favor to get a new ride, nobody wants to have to go thru some thing like this.
GOOD LUCK!  mustang stu

5/16/2021 5:18 PM  #61

RTM wrote:

WOW.  Sorry to hear you were involved in a crash with your mustang.  From the looks of the pictures it could have been much worse had the semi hit the drivers side door.  Best of luck to you

yes  I am very lucky

5/17/2021 10:06 PM  #62

Waiting to see how me and the truck having the same insurance company is gonna effect my claim.

5/17/2021 11:23 PM  #63

Based on my experience it should work to your advantage.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

5/17/2021 11:24 PM  #64

5/18/2021 12:16 AM  #65

Bearing Bob wrote:

I am meeting with my personal injury lawyer today.

5/19/2021 9:45 PM  #66

WOW that just sucks. I know you worked hard to get it ready for the bash. Glad you are ok.
Chris

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

6/15/2021 7:10 PM  #67

Billy I know of a early 65 Coupe for sale in Texas. I can test you the name and number of the owner. Night looking 302 with a clean body for 4500. message me if you are interested. I haven't told Anna but I may be interested if you don't want it.

6/15/2021 7:52 PM  #68

Mochaman wrote:

Billy I know of a early 65 Coupe for sale in Texas. I can test you the name and number of the owner. Night looking 302 with a clean body for 4500. message me if you are interested. I haven't told Anna but I may be interested if you don't want it.

I'll let Anna know for you...just say the word!

6/15/2021 9:18 PM  #69

Still waiting on the insurance companies

6/16/2021 2:14 AM  #70

wow , this is a big crash , hope you are safe and well !  i understand is a bad and sad day for you and your car , but you are alive and kickin' ...that 's count ! 

stay good and safe ! ciao from italy 

6/21/2021 6:55 PM  #71

Are you still dealing with insurance or have they settled?

6/21/2021 7:02 PM  #72

They have not made an offer yet. I think they will soon they spent about 4 hours the other day looking my car over I was told.

6/22/2021 11:42 AM  #73

Insurance companies love to drag there feet and offer low ball offers.  The longer they wait to pay the more $ they make!. 

6/23/2021 4:22 PM  #74

Yes they do

6/23/2021 4:55 PM  #75

Go up the chain of command Billy. If you're not happy with the adjuster, speak with their supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't get it settled, speak to the manager. In this field, the bosses all were once adjusters, who now don't want to deal with insured's or claimants. Complain till someone gets it settled.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.