FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2023 5:35 PM  #51

Re: Giving in on body work. Called in my buddy to help.

I really like that little "trick extension" you got there where the front bumper wraps around to the fender. Nice touch......
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

1/27/2023 8:14 PM  #52

Looking good. You can make the dead line. A picture of the Mustang and your son in his Marine uniform will be worthy of a place on the mantle for all to see.

Last edited by Bolted to Floor (1/27/2023 8:15 PM)

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/28/2023 1:08 AM  #53

looking good

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

1/28/2023 7:00 AM  #54

Rudi wrote:

Congratulations on the workmanship. Looks like the front fibreglass to fender came out real good.
Also lucky to be in Florida where you can work with the garage door open at this time of year.

The front Racing apron took some work to get it fit.  I actually had to shape the lower fender to match the apron.  The fit was so poor, I thought I would have to cut the apron in half to make it work.  Took my time and it ended up fitting pretty well.

It's 57 this morning.  I still plan on spraying the primer today.   Just may have to wait a little longer between coats.

1/28/2023 7:58 AM  #55

Looks very nice.

I almost want to do body work.😁

1/28/2023 3:07 PM  #56

We have primer. 

1/28/2023 4:47 PM  #57

Sanding time!  Looking great.

1/29/2023 6:31 AM  #58

Bentworker wrote:

Sanding time! Looking great.

Anyone up for a block party?  lol

1/29/2023 9:36 AM  #59

I just love the smell of fresh primer in the morning!

Time to sand off all the Chevy primer, leaving just the proper Ford primer on the car. The Chevy stuff is that sacrificial layer that winds up on the floor as dust.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/29/2023 2:44 PM  #60

MS wrote:

I just love the smell of fresh primer in the morning!

Time to sand off all the Chevy primer, leaving just the proper Ford primer on the car. The Chevy stuff is that sacrificial layer that winds up on the floor as dust.

I hope my neighbors do too.   Lol

I did spend some time sweeping up all the dust from sanding bondo.   I also finished relocating the WATTS link bracket and welding it in place.  Needed to move it inward another 1/2 to get the center pivot more vertical.  I’ll check/straighten the housing then get it painted. I also plan on working on the 24 inch radiator mods.   Hopefully I can finish this during the week and the weekend start blocking the body.

2/06/2023 6:12 AM  #61

Made some progress block sanding the first coat of high build primer.  Very pleased with how it’s turning out.  Hood should be spot on with second coat of high build primer.

2/12/2023 3:42 PM  #62

No sanding yesterday but I got a solid 6.5 hours of blocking today.  The passenger side door center area needed more body work.   Just like the drivers side did.  Had I been able to sand yesterday I think I could have had the passenger side done.   Getting closer to a second coat of high build primer.    Praying that blocks out well with 320 grit then time for some paint.

2/26/2023 1:42 PM  #63

Round two of primer.  Three coats on the mustang except the roof.  Two coats on the hood and deck lid.  I think after this blocking it will be ready for paint.  I need to work on the rear quarter extensions, head light buckets, front and rear valances. 

Yesterday I took a break from sanding and welded in the torque box braces. 

My buddy may be able to start helping again this coming weekend.  I will have a three day weekend. Hoping I can make some more progress. 

2/26/2023 5:56 PM  #64

Hope you can make it to the bash with that 'puppy' !
Magazine quality fer sure.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/27/2023 7:04 AM  #65

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

The wife has an Uncle that lives in Texas so I am sure we can make it.  It might be another year before we can.  It’s on my to do list.

2/27/2023 9:49 AM  #66

RTM wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

The wife has an Uncle that lives in Texas so I am sure we can make it.  It might be another year before we can.  It’s on my to do list.

????.........It won't be in Texas in a year.  It moves around each year
6s6

2/27/2023 10:29 AM  #67

6sally6 wrote:

RTM wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

????.........It won't be in Texas in a year.  It moves around each year
6s6

Shows you what I know.  I better have this thing done by the next gathering.

3/01/2023 12:20 PM  #68

Just ordered $2800 in paint material.   Prices are double from the last time I painted a car.  Unlikely I’ll spray any color this weekend.   The following weekend I should for sure have some color on something.

3/12/2023 3:34 PM  #69

I finally sprayed some color today.  Will need to clean the garage better before I spray body panels.    Doing what I can with what I have.  Pretty happy with the choice of red.  It’s ford race red with a white base sealer.

3/12/2023 8:42 PM  #70

Outstanding!

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/12/2023 9:13 PM  #71

Jeeze Bob, I thought you were gonna paint it Red.  Gee-or-gee-ous!!.  Can't wait to see it one of these days.
BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/13/2023 10:06 AM  #72

Very nice!

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/13/2023 2:17 PM  #73

Bullet Bob wrote:

Jeeze Bob, I thought you were gonna paint it Red.  Gee-or-gee-ous!!.  Can't wait to see it one of these days.
BB1

I really would like to attend one of the get togethers!

3/13/2023 4:15 PM  #74

RTM wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB1

I've already taken the vote and your membership has been accepted. Gruene TX September 23rd, we'll be expecting you and the red car.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/13/2023 5:04 PM  #75

Bearing Bob wrote:

RTM wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

BB1

I've already taken the vote and your membership has been accepted. Gruene TX September 23rd, we'll be expecting you and the red car.

I have two weeks off from work In Oct for my daughters wedding.   I had to take time off for April 7th because our son graduates from the Marines.  Once I get the mustang closer to being done I will see if I am able to get any more time off from work.  Worst case, I might be able to fly out on a weekend but I wouldn't have the mustang.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.