FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2023 3:15 PM  #101

Re: Giving in on body work. Called in my buddy to help.

Very nice.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/17/2023 8:18 PM  #102

All those hours spent will result in years of satisfaction and enjoyment. Looking good!
Ate you going to cut & buff?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/18/2023 5:51 AM  #103

I hope it will last.  I’ve poured my left over epoxy primer in every seam of the car from the roof down.  I’m getting excited seeing more and more color on it.  If time permits I’ll try to finish the roll bar this weekend.  Then I’ll get back to block sanding the shell and get it ready for paint.  Bad part is I need to move the car over some and it’s on four jack stands with no suspension.

4/18/2023 12:17 PM  #104

Get 4 wheel dollies and weld the jack stands to them. That worked fine for me moving the shell in the shop. Don't know if I'd roll her down the driveway though.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/20/2023 4:33 PM  #105

Bearing Bob wrote:

Get 4 wheel dollies and weld the jack stands to them. That worked fine for me moving the shell in the shop. Don't know if I'd roll her down the driveway though.

Not a bad idea at all.  Thanks

5/07/2023 3:24 PM  #106

This weekends progress was getting the roll bar in epoxy primer, door jambs and the front clip.   Then we got the high build primer sprayed on the door jambs, cowl and engine bay.  It was the last thing on my sons wish list before he ships back out tomorrow for SOI training.

5/08/2023 4:50 PM  #107

Get 'cha a good-deep-whiff Dad.........it'll put a smile on ya face!! Look'in goood !!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/08/2023 6:55 PM  #108

Having one of your kids heppin out sure is nice.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

5/09/2023 3:11 PM  #109

Moving along and looking good!

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

5/20/2023 3:21 PM  #110

Again thanks for the kind words of motivation.   

Today I was able to finish the bodywork on the quarter panel extensions and start on the sing fit bumper.  The rear bumper had studs bonded to it and they weren’t even close.  I removed them and plan on bonding the factory brackets to the rear fibderglass snug fit bumper.  Made by the same company as the hood and deck lid I have. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.