FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2022 1:59 AM  #1

Very early 1967 Mustang convertible big block car for

Had the opportunity to see this car few years back at the 2012  Autorama the cars truly looked flawless

https://www.facebook.com/304452185004/posts/10166056862385005/

5/01/2022 10:03 AM  #2

Re: Very early 1967 Mustang convertible big block car for

Is there any info that does not involve fasebook?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

5/01/2022 10:44 AM  #3

intellectual takeout

Here you go, Rudi

I agree that a facebook link is not the appropriate way to post on this forum.
The car is very nicely done. But, if it cannot be driven, why bother?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

5/01/2022 10:54 AM  #4

Never seen a oil fill plug like this on a 9" rear end housing!?!?

Is that something special?

Mustsed

5/01/2022 11:03 AM  #5

MS wrote:

intellectual takeout

Here you go, Rudi

I agree that a facebook link is not the appropriate way to post on this forum.
The car is very nicely done. But, if it cannot be driven, why bother?

Thanks Steve, that is a nice vehicle, shame it’s destined to be a trailer queen.

5/01/2022 3:36 PM  #6

Sorry for inappropriately posting on the forum I apologize. I will try and remember to copy photos as well as information then post it to the forum. I do still have Dan Green Restorations  Business contact information for anyone interested in talking to Dan about the car or for any other reasons. Please pm me.  Depends on the pocket book I have No idea the price tag. But definitely worth every penny if you are seriously looking for a Beautiful 1967 Mustang convertible. One thing That I think really set the car apart is that it sprayed in single stage Paint instead of BC/CC. Truly a Beautiful 1967 Mustang.

Last edited by True74yamaha (5/01/2022 3:44 PM)

5/01/2022 4:12 PM  #7

That  level of Mustang restorations are like belly buttons at MCA shows, most don’t have any fluids except oil. It would do very well in the concourse class as long as every nut, bolt, tag, decal and paint daub were correct as it came from the assembly line.
The owners never even start them but  roll them on and off the trailers.
I guess it’s all about what is important to the owner.
. Some guys are happy just sit in the garage and look at their cars rather than get out on the open road with it.

5/01/2022 5:09 PM  #8

I sorta like that skid plate just aft of the tranny.
Very clean!
Thanx fer showing it.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

5/01/2022 6:06 PM  #9

I always went by the old saying:
Anybody can bolt original parts back together and restore a car. It takes real talent to cut one up.

5/02/2022 12:28 AM  #10

MS wrote:

I always went by the old saying:
Anybody can bolt original parts back together and restore a car. It takes real talent to cut one up.

Very neat saying

5/02/2022 10:45 AM  #11

Mustsed wrote:

Never seen a oil fill plug like this on a 9" rear end housing!?!?

Is that something special?

Mustsed

67 was the last year for that. I think the center chunks lacked a fill plug as well. I passed on a chance to buy one for my car when it was at the paint shop. He wanted $850 for the complete rear end with 3.25 gears and an open carrier. Seemed like a fair deal. 

That is a beautiful car..... love the color!! We need cars like this to show others what they were like before we made "improvements" to them!!! 

I can't imagine spending all that money to drive it 100 miles. I bet it still has bugs to be worked out. Best of luck to the seller.  

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

5/02/2022 10:41 PM  #12

Thanks Bolted to Floor,

I mean the big hex head screw that is on there not the actual oil fill hole location. All that i come to see had a 1/2" countersunk square bolt.

Mustsed

5/03/2022 9:00 AM  #13

6sally6 wrote:

Very clean!
Thanx fer showing it.
6sal6

Every convertible has that.  Unless its missing.   I spose a really smart feller could add those reinforcements to a coupe or fastback.   Actually surprised no one makes a modified convertible pan.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/03/2022 1:29 PM  #14

Greg B wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Very clean!
Thanx fer showing it.
6sal6

Every convertible has that.  Unless its missing.   I spose a really smart feller could add those reinforcements to a coupe or fastback.   Actually surprised no one makes a modified convertible pan.

Also causes problems for exhaust routing.

5/03/2022 8:12 PM  #15

Sally we need a skid plate under the front don't we?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

5/04/2022 12:40 PM  #16

Rudi wrote:

Greg B wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Very clean!
Thanx fer showing it.
6sal6

Stuff em full of Stainless steel scour pads and MAKE them the mufflers!   . Then the seller could also advertise heated seats.   

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/04/2022 1:37 PM  #17

Greg B wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Greg B wrote:

Stuff em full of Stainless steel scour pads and MAKE them the mufflers!   . Then the seller could also advertise heated seats.   

I LIKE THAT IDEA !!!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.