FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2022 7:19 AM  #1

Why !!! WHY !!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

1977 pinto,  fully restored ,    a hot rod ??  for exactly who?? what ???     YIKES    

6/06/2022 7:59 AM  #2

Re: Why !!! WHY !!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, wouldn't be my choice to restore.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

6/06/2022 9:25 AM  #3

I've seen a few at cars lately that have been restored including Vega's 

6/06/2022 10:36 AM  #4

Pinto? I'm digging that house in the background.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/06/2022 11:20 AM  #5

As sad as it is to say it, it still looks better than 75% of the cookie cutter whale tail SUV out on the road today...

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

6/06/2022 1:20 PM  #6

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

6/06/2022 3:00 PM  #7

I am thinking it is a car show for odd balls.  Other than the bug every car in that pic is something that would normally not get restored.  Also all the window stickers look like they are a "lemon" again more proof that it is a show for outcasts.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/06/2022 4:34 PM  #8

I may be looking for one of those Lima 2.3 4cyl for the Stang if things continue with fuel prices. I filled the work car up today, paying $4.79 / Gallon, that’s the most I’ve ever paid for 87 octane.

This is getting crazy,

6/06/2022 5:21 PM  #9

Took a spin in a 302 powered Pinto years ago........WHAT  'thuhh!!?!      YIKES!!  (Thx RPM)
The guy never "got-a-round-too" narrowing the rear axle soooo... it  looked like a pregnant roller skate butt............!
Seen a few Pinto wagons at the strip with the tubbed rear and the  Windsor stroker  'set-on-kill'. Very nice.
(One had a Lenco tranny and it was badddd fer sure)
The lil fake-wood-paneled job (with that treatment)would definitely get the 6sally6 approval!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/06/2022 5:30 PM  #10

I prefer the small bumper front end on earlier pre-74 cars.  But I like Pintos

I had a 75 Pinto MPG wagon in 79.  Drove good  no AC, no nuttin’.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/06/2022 5:45 PM  #11

I like it cause it’s a wagon.
Bet there was an LTD II wagon there.

6/06/2022 5:50 PM  #12

6/06/2022 5:58 PM  #13

All good for what they are. I will stick with pre 73, but hey his glass was clean.

Last edited by Cab4word67 (6/06/2022 5:59 PM)

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

6/07/2022 8:41 AM  #14

I researched it based on what Daze said and yes its from a Concour d' lemons show on June 4th.  They have a Facebook page.  This pinto won worst of show.   They also said its the finest example of a Ford Pinto in the entire world. 

Who knew???

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

6/07/2022 10:26 AM  #15

Greg B wrote:

I researched it based on what Daze said and yes its from a Concour d' lemons show on June 4th. They have a Facebook page. This pinto won worst of show. They also said its the finest example of a Ford Pinto in the entire world.

Who knew???

Well, I guess there is something for everyone!

6/07/2022 12:48 PM  #16

Back in the mid 70s my Aunt won a Pinto in a raffle.  All 4 of her boys used it for there paper route growing up.  When they moved out and went to college she gave it to my brother in the 1988.  We had a 100 mile drive to get it home. It burned through 8 quarts of oils on the way home.  We had to stop check and refill about every 25 miles...LOL  

6/07/2022 1:52 PM  #17

Greg B wrote:

I researched it based on what Daze said and yes its from a Concour d' lemons show on June 4th. They have a Facebook page. This pinto won worst of show. They also said it's the finest example of a Ford Pinto in the entire world.

Who knew???

I went to their facebook page and it is worth a look, if for no other reason than to see something different.  Here is a group of car owners who love their cars and embrace the fact that they are not the "cool kids"  I am impressed with their passion and love of these cars.  One thing they have going for them is if they go to a main stream show they won't need to worry about being parked by a car of the same make and model.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/07/2022 1:58 PM  #18

Is that a picture of a lemon on the windshield?

6/07/2022 1:59 PM  #19

Mach1Driver wrote:

Is that a picture of a lemon on the windshield?

Yes

Greg B wrote:

I researched it based on what Daze said and yes its from a Concour d' lemons show on June 4th. They have a Facebook page.

6/07/2022 7:54 PM  #20

So are modifieds referred to as lemonade or lemon juice?😁

“Concours” isn’t in my dictionary when it comes to cars, even a lemon.

6/07/2022 11:47 PM  #21

Was this on the Island of Misfit Cars?

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

6/08/2022 12:39 PM  #22

Steve69 wrote:

Back in the mid 70s my Aunt won a Pinto in a raffle.  All 4 of her boys used it for there paper route growing up.  When they moved out and went to college she gave it to my brother in the 1988.  We had a 100 mile drive to get it home. It burned through 8 quarts of oils on the way home.  We had to stop check and refill about every 25 miles...LOL  

We had a 73 Pinto wagon years ago we used mainly around town, didn’t run too bad but the body was rotting out.  My wife asked “if I get stuck, what should I do?”.  I responded “there’s a screwdriver in the glove box, take the plates off and call a cab”.

6/08/2022 3:06 PM  #23

I've been out driving it more!  She's now got 21,144 miles.  My kid hasn't taken possession because she can't pass her driving test.  Failed 4 times now.    Thinking about trading it to someone to put my convertible back together.  Lol.

6/08/2022 3:45 PM  #24

Not sure who all seen it but when we went to the Bash in Illinois before at Terry and Lynn McGoverns somebody had a nice v-8 pinto there.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/08/2022 5:07 PM  #25

Not my cu of tea.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.