FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2022 10:12 PM  #26

Re: 28 oz vs.50 oz balance help

MS wrote:

Greg B wrote:

He's going to have to use his old timing cover anyway or deal with drilling a dipstick hole and reverse water pump issues.

Yep
Use 289 cover, pulleys and custom balancer.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-163302

this seems to be the one to get may even have the 3 bolt spacer from reading it.
I will need to grab a timing cover ad oil pan I  want to kinda leave the 289 together to sell it whe the time comes to put the 302 in.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/29/2022 8:16 AM  #27

Billy, er, I mean BILLY, that balancer is a good one and I use them frequently.  However, the pulley spacers that come with it are garbage (See the customer pictures at the bottom of the Summit Q&A section).
They may work buy will likely come loose and are a PITA to install, using a spacer on each bolt.  You can buy a pulley spacer that is a solid one-piece design for around $20 that works perfectly.  Summit carries some of them.  I recently bought one for Al's 408 stroker, and another for Jose's engine.  Check with CVF for the spacer, IF YOU NEED ONE.  You might get lucky and it all just bolts up.  But, if it doesn't line up, just measure the offset you need and order the appropriate aluminum spacer.  DO NOT use the spacer setup it comes with.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/29/2022 1:42 PM  #28

MS wrote:

Billy, er, I mean BILLY, that balancer is a good one and I use them frequently.  However, the pulley spacers that come with it are garbage (See the customer pictures at the bottom of the Summit Q&A section).
They may work buy will likely come loose and are a PITA to install, using a spacer on each bolt.  You can buy a pulley spacer that is a solid one-piece design for around $20 that works perfectly.  Summit carries some of them.  I recently bought one for Al's 408 stroker, and another for Jose's engine.  Check with CVF for the spacer, IF YOU NEED ONE.  You might get lucky and it all just bolts up.  But, if it doesn't line up, just measure the offset you need and order the appropriate aluminum spacer.  DO NOT use the spacer setup it comes with.

Thanks now just waiting to order it till after i see if I am getting flywheel from there as far as shipping thought maybe somebdy have a better source fr flywheels.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/30/2022 5:54 AM  #29

MS wrote:

RTM wrote:

If you use the one piece fuel pump eccentric with the late model timing chain then the eccentric may hit the back of the timing chain cover.

The eccentric must match the timing chain sprocket. All the timing covers have same clearance.

What I had discovered when I installed my old cover on a 94 302 and kept the timing chain that the 94 motor was the solid eccentric hit the back of the timing cover.  The late model motors have a thicker cam sprocket.  I had to remove .080 from the eccentric so it would clear the cover.  So your statement is correct but most people don’t know this.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.