FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2022 7:15 PM  #1

Has anyone used the intellitronix digital 6 guage set up in 66 mustang

Hey everyone I was browsing through new guage set ups and stumbled on intellitronix 6 guage digital set up. I wanted to see if anyone has seen them before or used them.  Looks kinda neat.  Wondering if it can go with a 6 guage bezel.

7/05/2022 4:07 AM  #2

Re: Has anyone used the intellitronix digital 6 guage set up in 66 mustang

I didn’t even know they had this as an option.

7/05/2022 5:24 AM  #3

Without needles, that would look out of place unless the car was a heavily modified restomod.  Of course, that is only my opinion.  I have the Dakota Digital VHX gauges in my '68 and they look right at home.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

7/05/2022 9:11 AM  #4

What year is your Mustang?  The "shape" in the picture doesn't look like a 65-66 OEM bezel. 
This unit is significantly less costly than the Dakota Digital 'RTX' unit.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

7/05/2022 9:28 AM  #5

This Dakota Digital VHX set is $845 but you get a lot more for the higher price:

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

7/06/2022 9:09 AM  #6

Rufus68 wrote:

This Dakota Digital VHX set is $845 but you get a lot more for the higher price:

Hey that's what I bought! I agree good look.

Pros:
Looks great. 
Fairly straight forward install.
Tech support was good and available.  
I setup buttons hidden under the dash for all the calibration and options which look great.
The lighting seems just right.  Not too subtle, not over the top.

Cons:
Expensive.
Never got the tachometer to work.
The fuel gauge could never get calibrated correctly. I tried 3 different times to calibrate it on fill ups and finally gave up.  Even on a full tank it still only goes to 3/4 on the gauge.   
I ended up buying a bud box to mount the board high under the dash.  I was able to do it, but I can imagine it would be difficult for others.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.