FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2022 10:03 PM  #1

Anna's 66 Convertible Build is progressing.

Today my neighbor came over and helped with some assembly progress.
Quick history. This 66 Convertible was bought about 7 years ago. It was NOT in the condition the seller led us to believe. Regardless we trusted the man and drove out to Alabama to pick it up. I started to peel off the layers of "the bad', "the ugly", and "the HOLY CRAP what were they thinking". Mustang Steve donated a framing jig to the cause a few years back when he built the jig to hold the wedding ceremony between a coup and a fastback.
Short story long. I had already purchased the full floor pan assembly so we were already financially invested in this car. Looking back I should have thrown money at Dynacorn and bought the fully built shell.
The list to save off of the original car: The hood, doors, front fenders, A pillar frame that goes around windshield, the B pillar frame that goes around the rear seat, the convertible frame top, the trunk lid. Not sure what percentage of the car this represents.
The car is being built from the framing jig up. I am finally getting some time freed up to focus on this project and this is the latest progress made. I will have lots of questions of panel fitments that I will post in the Tech Discussion section.

12/30/2022 10:05 PM  #2

Re: Anna's 66 Convertible Build is progressing.

And just like that, I can't posts pictures again. Grrrrr.

1/02/2023 9:31 AM  #3

Try for the fourth time to post pictures, this time using Google Chrome. 

Success.. 

This was where I used my internal framing jig to align the front and rear sections on top of the floor pan. This frame was built inside of the orignial convertible so the door gaps and A pillar angle should be pretty dead on. 

3/21/2023 10:19 AM  #4

Nice work Ed.

3/21/2023 10:36 AM  #5

Talk about building a car from the ground up!! You're doing great. Keep us posted with progress. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.