FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2023 6:47 AM  #26

Re: Let’s see some Pics of your ride and where you from

Current 66, and an old pic of probably my 2nd car.  If you squint, you can make out the Dragon Wagon name on it

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/02/2023 11:17 AM  #27

MS wrote:

Current 66, and an old pic of probably my 2nd car. If you squint, you can make out the Dragon Wagon name on it

You do know that you need to have the weight on wheels to do a proper alignment, right?

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/02/2023 1:01 PM  #28

Ron68 wrote:

MS wrote:

Current 66, and an old pic of probably my 2nd car. If you squint, you can make out the Dragon Wagon name on it

You do know that you need to have the weight on wheels to do a proper alignment, right?

Were you you putting the shelby drop on it?

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/02/2023 1:38 PM  #29

That is such a cool pic Steve. If I you, I'd have it framed and in my shop.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/02/2023 3:41 PM  #30

Notice that extra 2x4 under the back of the body to give it more aerodynamic advantage

4/02/2023 6:37 PM  #31

Steve's first subframe connector in case he goes off the driveway.

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

MS wrote:

4/03/2023 8:33 AM  #32

Coupedaddy wrote:

Born and Raised in New Orleans Louisiana 1965 and a 2015 Gt

How do you like your 2015 GT?  Still holding up well?

4/03/2023 3:56 PM  #33

Nos681 wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

Really dig'in those socks too !
 6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/03/2023 7:14 PM  #34

Nos681 wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

If I WAS doing a Shelby drop, I must have invented it. That picture was circa 1962, way before the first Mustang was on the road.

4/03/2023 7:23 PM  #35

The 2015 Gt is doing very well only 22k in 8 years lol I drive  the 65 more has 3 recalls but I won’t take it in

4/04/2023 2:28 PM  #36

Last edited by dave68 (4/04/2023 2:30 PM)

1968 Coupe 289 C-4 Dave

4/05/2023 11:17 AM  #37

I put a couple of my other cars in just for fun. The Model T photo is coming out of Death Valley.

4/05/2023 5:11 PM  #38

That Red truck is cool!

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

4/05/2023 6:38 PM  #39

lowercasesteve wrote:

That Red truck is cool!

Looks like an older Daihatsu.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/05/2023 7:12 PM  #40

Blue Mustangs are the best! (65 convertibles are too!)

4/06/2023 7:14 AM  #41

Rudi wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

That Red truck is cool!

I believe it to be a Suburu Sambar.  Kind of obscure, but really cool.

I really like the Model T, as well.

4/06/2023 7:40 AM  #42

Rudi wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

That Red truck is cool!

The red truck was disassembled in a guy's living room and when he passed, his son and I struck a deal. We filled two trailers with frame, parts, etc. and almost ran out of room. Like most projects, there were some parts missing that were very difficult to track down.

The truck was manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries and I understand approximately 300 were imported into the US in 1970 by Malcolm Bricklin under the name "Subaru of America, Inc.". The truck has a two cylinder, two stroke, 360 cc, air cooled engine mounted in the rear. The truck is called a "Sambar" and there is a van and sedan using the same engine. I also have the sedan. 

4/06/2023 5:03 PM  #43

2 cylinder/2 skroke !!!!! Howz it run ?
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/06/2023 5:36 PM  #44

6sally6 wrote:

2 cylinder/2 skroke !!!!! Howz it run ?
6s6

With compression of about 6:1, porting from the 1960's if not earlier, and approximately 16 hp pushing 1081 pounds which includes me in it, a headwind on flat ground will slow it down. Small hills slow it down. With a long run up, no headwind, no slope, I generally see about 50-55 mph. Skinny bias ply tires stretch out braking distances, so care needs to be exercised. There are all kinds of modifications to get more speed out of them, but I am keeping mine stock.

A Tesla engineer I met wants to electrify it with a Zero motorcycle motor, but I don't see that in my immediate future. Maybe a few years from now.

4/06/2023 5:42 PM  #45

boss347convertible wrote:

Rudi wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

That Red truck is cool!

The red truck was disassembled in a guy's living room and when he passed, his son and I struck a deal. We filled two trailers with frame, parts, etc. and almost ran out of room. Like most projects, there were some parts missing that were very difficult to track down.

The truck was manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries and I understand approximately 300 were imported into the US in 1970 by Malcolm Bricklin under the name "Subaru of America, Inc.". The truck has a two cylinder, two stroke, 360 cc, air cooled engine mounted in the rear. The truck is called a "Sambar" and there is a van and sedan using the same engine. I also have the sedan. 

In 1969 and early 1970 when the ship I was on (USS Hancock) pulled into port in Sasebo, Japan a couple of times,  I recall seeing some small trucks like that - small with open bed and small cab - in use in town and around the docks where the ship was berthed. Don't recall seeing any F-150's, etc around town.....
That is a sweet looking little truck though - nice work on the restoration.

4/07/2023 8:43 AM  #46

That red truck is cool.
Did you drive the Model T through Death Valley? 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/07/2023 10:13 AM  #47

Ron68 wrote:

Rudi wrote:

In 1969 and early 1970 when the ship I was on (USS Hancock) pulled into port in Sasebo, Japan a couple of times,  I recall seeing some small trucks like that - small with open bed and small cab - in use in town and around the docks where the ship was berthed. Don't recall seeing any F-150's, etc around town.....
That is a sweet looking little truck though - nice work on the restoration.

Post WWII, I am told Japan taxed on engine displacement, so I would guess most of the cars during your deployment were small. I took the truck down to the metal so it should be rust free for many years.
Thanks for your service. My son is presently on a one year deployment on a destroyer in Japan. 

4/07/2023 10:19 AM  #48

BobE wrote:

That red truck is cool.

Thanks. Yes, in May 2021 drove the Model T from home, to, through Death Valley and back home. 670 miles. We were on the road at least three days, maybe four. I just did a hundred mile trip in the Model T last weekend. From San Luis Obispo, along the California Central Coast, then into the coastal mountains into Paso Robles, then back to San Luis Obispo. Absolutely gorgeous trip as everything is green from the rain. 

4/07/2023 2:08 PM  #49

BobE wrote:

That red truck is cool.

Thanks. Yes, in May 2021 drove the Model T from home, to, through Death Valley and back home. 670 miles. We were on the road at least three days, maybe four. I just did a hundred mile trip in the Model T last weekend. From San Luis Obispo, along the California Central Coast, then into the coastal mountains into Paso Robles, then back to San Luis Obispo. Absolutely gorgeous trip as everything is green from the rain. 

So do you live in SLO, or nearby?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/08/2023 7:37 AM  #50

Life is too short to drive a boring car😎

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.