FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2023 5:08 PM  #1

Leaving Dallas and moving to Florida in June

Moving to Carrabelle Fl in June to get closer to the beach. New garage will be big enough to fit the Cougar and the wifes car. Only bad thing is that we will be on a golf course, I have never played the game.

68 Cougar XR7 347 stroker T5 3:80

4/13/2023 5:50 PM  #2

Re: Leaving Dallas and moving to Florida in June

I THINK.............they only allow Republicans to  declare residency !
J/K (sorta)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/13/2023 7:27 PM  #3

I get first dibs on vacation week in Carabelle!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/13/2023 10:45 PM  #4

BTaylor wrote:

Moving to Carrabelle Fl in June to get closer to the beach. New garage will be big enough to fit the Cougar and the wifes car. Only bad thing is that we will be on a golf course, I have never played the game.

I live on the 17th hole of our golf club in Arizona. I don't have enough time to play the game either. I tell everybody that asks me if I play; "I don't need something else that I don't do very well.".

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

4/13/2023 10:46 PM  #5

My brother lives in Fort Lauderdale. They just had 24" of rain in one day. The whole town and airport are under water. You can keep Florida and all the rain and hurricanes and high heat and humidity. (No offense of course - I just prefer living where there aren't such radical weather extremes)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/14/2023 5:27 AM  #6

KeithP wrote:

BTaylor wrote:

I live on the 17th hole of our golf club in Arizona. I don't have enough time to play the game either. I tell everybody that asks me if I play; "I don't need something else that I don't do very well.".

Yeah, or "Just what I need, another expensive hobby."

4/14/2023 8:15 AM  #7

Enjoy it ... you can always move again if things don't agree with you.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/14/2023 9:32 AM  #8

Ron68 wrote:

- I just prefer living where there aren't such radical weather extremes)

Welp..........there is the rain 9 months outta the year.........
When it AIN'T raining it is wonderful there...fer sure
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

4/14/2023 10:14 AM  #9

Carrabelle Beach? That sure sounds like a future East coast Bash location.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/14/2023 1:13 PM  #10

6sally6 wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

- I just prefer living where there aren't such radical weather extremes)

Welp..........there is the rain 9 months outta the year.........
When it AIN'T raining it is wonderful there...fer sure
6s6

That's a lie we tell people to keep them from moving here. Annual rainfall in Fort Lauderdale is 63" per year.  Annual rainfall in Seattle is 38" per year.  And we never have hurricanes.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

4/15/2023 5:08 AM  #11

If it’s a gated community then they may have strict rules on working on cars.

4/15/2023 5:51 AM  #12

I have a few friends in the area and one has a big shop he is making space for me. But if you have seen how I had to work on my car at my present house, I am upgrading. The area itself is quiet and slow paced which will be welcome compared to DFW. 5 minutes to the gulf and 15 minutes to the public beach 60 minutes to Talahasee.

68 Cougar XR7 347 stroker T5 3:80

4/15/2023 6:21 AM  #13

BTaylor wrote:

I have a few friends in the area and one has a big shop he is making space for me. But if you have seen how I had to work on my car at my present house, I am upgrading. The area itself is quiet and slow paced which will be welcome compared to DFW. 5 minutes to the gulf and 15 minutes to the public beach 60 minutes to Talahasee.

Congrats and enjoy your new home........trading the Metro-mess for a quiet slow paced location is golden and, I get it..

4/15/2023 7:13 AM  #14

I can double what Josh says.  We made that decision 43 years ago...LA to Montrose...and have never looked back.  Now Montrose is "growing up".  I mean, I had to wait three of four minutes the other day to make a left turn onto Main Street.   Geeeesh!

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/15/2023 8:42 AM  #15

Our gated community has strict rules against working on cars in the driveway. Just makes for an excuse to build a huge air conditioned shop… so you can follow the rules😎

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

4/15/2023 12:16 PM  #16

6sally6 wrote:

I THINK.............they only allow Republicans to declare residency !
J/K (sorta)
6sal6

YEP

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

4/15/2023 12:17 PM  #17

MS wrote:

I get first dibs on vacation week in Carabelle!

Another Beach Bash Location.

4/15/2023 12:21 PM  #18

Im 312 miles north of Carrarabelle Beach its a nice place.

4/19/2023 4:26 PM  #19

Sounds good to me.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.