FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2023 8:03 PM  #1

2015 mustang looking for 50th anniversary trim.

I am looking to buy used or new 50th anniversary door trim and also the matching rear quarter windows to finish the trim. I havent really had any luck on dealer website looking for the trim. I may need to vist the dealer. Id also like to add the 50th anniversary grille to my car as well. Also looking for new front bumper and chin splitter.

5/08/2023 5:11 AM  #2

Re: 2015 mustang looking for 50th anniversary trim.

Do you have any part numbers?  If you've got part numbers you can go to AutoNation's website here:

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

You can also try doing a Google search for the part you want adding part number, like "2015 Mustang 50th anniversary door emblem part number".  Usually that will come back with a part number and a picture to verify its the correct part.  The current layout of all the dealer websites is harder to navigate than it used to be, but I've learned the system pretty well, so this should be the quarter window glass:

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/v-2015-ford-mustang--gt-50-years-limited-edition--5-0l-v8-gas/body--glass-and-hardware

If in doubt you can call Auto Nation.  I've been using them for most of my Ford and Motorcraft parts for over a decade.  Really good place, knowledgeable staff, and all prices are 10% over dealer cost, including Ford Racing, SVT, etc. 

On big stuff you need to weigh shipping vs savings, though I've been able to take their pricing to my local dealer and get a match, so I get the best of both worlds.  You can also try the part number on eBay and sometimes you'll find the part a bit more expensive, but with free shipping. 

5/09/2023 5:24 AM  #3

I have a 50th Anniversary 2015. All 2015 Mustangs came with a plaque on the passenger side dash but there was a 50th Anniversary option package which my car has. It includes the special grille, embossed seat backs, chrome trim around the tail lights and a special fake gas cap emblem. I am not aware of any special door trim or rear quarter windows.

Last edited by Texas! (5/09/2023 5:26 AM)

5/09/2023 7:30 AM  #4

Texas! wrote:

I have a 50th Anniversary 2015. All 2015 Mustangs came with a plaque on the passenger side dash but there was a 50th Anniversary option package which my car has. It includes the special grille, embossed seat backs, chrome trim around the tail lights and a special fake gas cap emblem. I am not aware of any special door trim or rear quarter windows.    Wow!  Thats really nice!

5/09/2023 7:26 PM  #5

Steve69 wrote:

Texas! wrote:

Wow!  Thats really nice!

Thanks!
I have found that people either love or hate the Competition Orange color. Nobody is middle-of-the-road towards it.

5/10/2023 4:11 AM  #6

I think the color is sharp looking.

5/10/2023 4:49 AM  #7

I could take it or leave it.  I like that they brought back some of the old colors, but I've always been a fan of black, red, etc. more so than say lime gold, etc.  Competition orange is okay, but I think its more at home on a '69-'70 Boss 302 than a modern car.

5/10/2023 8:52 AM  #8

Nice I ordered a Orange 2015 spoiler delete premium package I asked that the License plate bracket not be installed on the Front Bumper low and behold we get to the show room floor and it had a licensed plate bracket on the front. I ended up with a white one that I really liked with all options and decided with the money I saved to paint the 65 Twister orange off of the 2020 GT 350 pray all is well

Last edited by Coupedaddy (5/10/2023 8:58 AM)

5/10/2023 6:10 PM  #9

Coupedaddy wrote:

Nice I ordered a Orange 2015 spoiler delete premium package I asked that the License plate bracket not be installed on the Front Bumper

I bought this one as a used car in Feb 2019. It had the "Spoiler Delete" but I wanted the spoiler so I found a guy replacing his factory spoiler with an aftermarket larger spoiler and bought the takeoff. To me it looked like it needed something black on the front to go with the black spoiler so I got the vinyl hood spears. They can be peeled off at any time.
This car came from CA and it did not have the front license plate bracket. I hate the way the factory bracket puts the license plate dead square in the middle of the front end so I haven't installed the bracket. Texas is a 2 plate state but nobody has said anything to me about the lack of a front plate. I keep it in the glovebox just in case.
This car was well optioned. I looked at a lot of 2015 Mustangs online and I didn't see any other one with this many options.

5/12/2023 2:54 PM  #10

Check ebay someone has the windows and all the chrome trim for sale. Ive heard even with proper vin thoses parts cant be ordered. Id like that to not be true as id like to add the same chrome trim to my 2015 as well.

5/12/2023 2:56 PM  #11

Quarter windows have louvers and chrome. This is on a  50th anniversary pony package car.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.