FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/26/2023 4:31 PM  #1

RIP, Josh

That’s Josh on the far right.  This picture has always been my all time favorite group pic, taken in Kalispell, Montana at the bash.   

FRIENDS AT THE GARAGE

Josh, you will be missed, my friend.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

7/26/2023 5:01 PM  #2

Re: RIP, Josh

Here is a couple more from that same bash.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

7/26/2023 5:11 PM  #3

JKB's, Terry's, and BB's second bash.  I think Bob C was a year ahead of us.  Josh told a story about inadvertently using...or trying to use...dry spaghetti for BBQ K-Bob skewers.  We all had a good laugh and Mrs. BB started calling him Josh-K-Bob.  It stuck.
What a loss for us all, and I feel so sorry for his family.
Rest In Peace, my friend.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/26/2023 5:17 PM  #4

Sitting here in shock,,, one of the nice guys has just left us.   Rest in peace. 

7/26/2023 6:31 PM  #5

Sorry to hear that. RIP

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

7/26/2023 6:46 PM  #6

This ones gonna sting for a while.  Over the years I have became very close to a couple members on here.  Josh being one of them.  We first met at the Waxahatchie Bash in 2010.  It was both of our first bashes.  Since then our friendship has grown to be more like brothers than friends.
Till we meet again Brother!

7/26/2023 7:14 PM  #7

Missing you already. RIP Josh.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

7/26/2023 7:33 PM  #8

He was a big part of "the-five-guyz" crew.........
We're sick about losing 'em.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/26/2023 7:38 PM  #9

REST IN PEACE BROTHER. We are gonna miss seeing your posts till we meet again.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

7/26/2023 7:59 PM  #10

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

Yes we are.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

7/27/2023 5:15 AM  #11

Its shocking how fast things can turn for the worse.  I'm so sorry to hear this.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family. 

7/27/2023 5:46 AM  #12

RIP Josh

7/27/2023 6:05 AM  #13

Very sad, condolences to the family. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

7/27/2023 6:41 AM  #14

RV6 wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

Yes we are.

Y’all mean “Da-five-guyz” Eh?

Sunset on Lake Superior last night…RIP brother.

7/27/2023 7:09 AM  #15

RIP Josh!  

7/27/2023 7:48 AM  #16

Yeah, this one hurts.  Not that they all don't, but I mean damn.. thats just how I feel.   I was just really starting to come back around to the hobby and the forum after my own issues of loss and its hard to accept that this is life. Mustangs have really been in the center of the father/son, father/son thing with memories that were created.  During the journey, you are going to take some hits, experience things that just aren't fair, and at times its going to rattle you, either physically or emotionally.  Watching how others grieve and or overcome their experiences is one way you learn how to handle your own. 

Josh was a great forum member to all of us, a good friend to all of us and was certainly one of those that led by example.   He touched lives.  In ways maybe he never knew or even realized, just by being himself.   He will be missed. 

I hope he has a very special gold plated and chrome Mustang for his next journey.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

7/27/2023 7:53 AM  #17

That's really sad news, RIP Josh!

7/27/2023 8:31 AM  #18

Losing family and friends is a tough pill to swallow.  This is a big pill. We will miss this guy immensely.  See you on the other side Brother.  Give Tanya a hug for us,

7/27/2023 8:37 AM  #19

RIP Josh K Bob, I guess THE Lord decided he needed a good Ford mechanic up in heaven and Josh accepted his call. You never know when your the next one on his list.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

7/27/2023 2:23 PM  #20

Here are the addresses for Josh's sister Jeni and his mom if any of you want to send a card. 
Arrangements are being made as of this moment and I will post when I know something

Jeni Therrian,  W1262 Cedar Lane,  St Ignace MI 49781.   
Sherrill Soblaskey,  W1256 Cedar Lane,  St. Ignace MI 49781

7/27/2023 3:30 PM  #21

RIP, Josh

1968 Coupe 289 C-4 Dave

7/27/2023 4:24 PM  #22

Well crap.  That really sucks.  He was way too young and way too good to go so soon.  :-(

Terry, thanks for all the updates and the addresses.

Last edited by John Ha (7/27/2023 4:27 PM)

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

7/27/2023 8:20 PM  #23

You will be missed my friend!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

7/28/2023 2:04 AM  #24

Rest in Peace, my friend. I remember Josh saving my bacon at the Kalispell bash. He was looking over my engine compartment and the Borgeson steering mod I had installed. He noticed that one of the two bolts holding the rag joint together had come loose and was about to fall off. That would have gotten a bit hairy if I had that bolt fall out. He got some tools and we tightened it back up. He was one of the good ones.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

7/28/2023 6:49 AM  #25

Prayers to the family, RIP Josh.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.